Position Overview:The Testing Specialist will be responsible for providing testing services (automated) for enterprise applications and infrastructure adhering to QA compliance and standards. Test Specialist will participate in developing testing deliverables including traceability matrix, test strategy and approach, test plans, test cases/scripts, defect management, execution, reporting metrics utilizing Agile methodology in a DevOps model. Role will entail developing, refining and maintaining test cases for manual/automation, and to evaluate, analyze, and perform quality assurance testing. The Testing Specialist works collaboratively within the IT department and business units to execute and validate test cases based upon system requirements.
Function Specific Activities:
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities
- Strong knowledge of QA concepts and methodology.
- Demonstrated experience in test planning, test design, test & automation strategy, and test execution.
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Lead in planning, test estimation and strategy development, test management to ensure successful execution of testing activities.
- Submit, validate, manage and close defects. Investigate end user defects and communicate with end users to determine validity of issues.
- Perform high-level/critical validation and exploratory test coverage using different testing techniques on assigned projects.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the project design and scheduling changes to support QA test effectiveness, focus and reporting.
- Drive testing excellence within project/program; QA test optimization and standardization
- Thought leadership on emerging quality assurance methodologies and best practices
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree Required
Related Work Experience:
5-10 years of work experience in procurement or relevant related field.
- Experience in enterprise level development and support of test framework, test management, test processes, automated testing software tools
- 5-8 years of experience in testing applications; manual and automated testing.
- 5+ years of automation scripting experience and building or maintaining an automated test framework in an AGILE and DEVOPS environment.
- “T-Shaped”/Broad skilled software development professional with deep skills in certain areas such as coding, but also skilled in other areas such as project management, testing and/or analysis.
- Experience writing and executing test strategies and plans, test requirements, test cases, test scripts, setting up test environments, test management, test methodologies, and automated testing software along with knowledge of the Systems Development Life-cycle (SDLC) and Agile Methodology
- Experience in Selenium, HP UFT, Appium, Git tools, CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Maven, JUnit Sonarqube, frameworks like cucumber, protractor and other industry standard test automation tools.
- 5+ years of experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment and build tools (i.e. JUnit, Maven, Jenkins or equivalent) and using an industry standard source control management system.
- 8 years of relevant consulting or industry experience.
- At least 5 years of leading Testing efforts, including experience with all phases of testing: System, Integration, User Acceptance and Performance Testing.
- At least 4 years of experience with estimating testing efforts, standing up and structuring >10 resource testing teams, defining the testing strategy for large scale programs and ensuring requirements traceability throughout the system development lifecycle.
- At least 4 years of experience overseeing the development of test plans, test scenarios, test cases, execution of test case and documentation of test results.
- At least 4 years of experience with driving the quality assurance processes and gaining delivery buy-in from executive leadership.
- At least 4 years of testing experience in different environments including one or more of the following client server, Services Oriented Architecture, Web based, Mainframe based and three tier architectures.
- At least 4 years of experience in test automation including developing test automation strategies and leading automation testing efforts
- Experience with tracking and reporting SLAs and KPIs in a managed services testing engagement
- Technical expertise in implementing industry standard testing methodology and tools
- Experience implementing testing best practices specific to the test planning and execution processes and gaining buy-in for changes from executives
- Experience building a Testing Center of excellence
- A deep understanding of test planning and delivery challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation)
COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, and OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
- Growth Mindset: Demonstrates Curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- Smart Risk: Makes bold decisions/recommendations
- Externally Focused: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices, or ideas.
- Performance Driven & Accountable: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- Fast/Agile: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- Empowered: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
- Perform system and integration testing including the functionality, performance and fit to ensure that it meets the original requirements and works within the defined constraints.
- Coordinate acceptance testing performed by end-users in order to obtain feedback and signoff from the end users.
- Create automated test scripts by using specialized automated testing software tools for editing and debugging scripts in order to accelerate the application testing process.
- Design and develop test strategy, test plans (e.g., test objectives, test cases, test data, test scripts) for executing unit, integration, system or acceptance testing in order to ensure the solution meets the business requirements.
- Coordinate testing and test artifact development across multiple testing phases, including SIT, UAT, E2E, Performance, etc.
- Manage testing risks and issues, develop contingency plan as appropriate
- Led defect management process for the projects/program; Ensure defects are remediated and retested
- Ability to collect testing and QA metrics, status reports for project/program
- Ensure projects are in compliance with QA and release management processes
Years of Experience:5-7 Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.