Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
Lead and manage the Quality Assurance Department to ensure the production of high quality product at the lowest cost, while meeting the demands of our customers.
- Select, supervise, and develop Quality Assurance personnel
- Ensure accuracy and efficiency of syrup-batching, and all QA testing and record-keeping
- Monitor and enforce proper sanitation and housekeeping procedures
- Monitor all Coca-Cola, Federal and State communications/audits and implement any necessary changes
- Assist operations management with process equipment and product/package troubleshooting and innovation
- Collaborate with operations and sales management in order to improve Coca-Cola quality indices
- Ensure safety of all personnel within the department
- Establish, submit, and balance the yearly departmental budget
- Ensure departmental compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
- Working knowledge of the principles of manufacturing management.
- Working knowledge of specific supply chain capabilities, strategies and interdependencies.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvement.
- Working knowledge of national, state, and local regulatory requirements in the areas of food safety, safety, environment and emergency management.
- Working knowledge of basic elements of Good Manufacturing Practices in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of key business drivers used to gauge the effectiveness and performance of an internal group or supplier.
- Statistical Process Control
- Good Laboratory Practices
- Good Manufacturing Practices-CFR21
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications
- 10 years of food and beverage experience
- ISO (22000, 9000, 14001, etc.) or other management system
- Lean, Six Sigma certification
- Working knowledge of food safety
- Self-Guided Work Force
- Internal auditing
- Continuous Improvement
- Microsoft Office
- Project Management
- Manage P&L; Spending Controls
- Laboratory equipment management
- Change Management
- Leader of leaders
- Experience using relevant SAP applications
- HACCP Coordinator Certification
Bachelor's Degree - Technical or Food Science - preferred
Years of Experience:10+ Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.