Position Overview:The BIG Director of Commercial Solutions is responsible for the technology leadership, direction and transformation of Bottling Investments Group's Commercial solutions. Additionally, this strategic leadership role will be responsible for assessing and integrating these commercial technology developments into the BIG Bottling landscape. The individual will be expected to drive the implementation and maturity of the SFA, RGM, and connected cooler platforms along with other commercial solutions and align the technology strategy in partnership with the Commercial teams. In this capacity, the commercial solutions director will also work with key business stakeholders to drive demand management and capacity planning for the SFA digital platforms. Successful relationships with internal stakeholders, as well as external partners are critical. This leader must have ability to influence direction and balance challenging trade-offs between scope, time and budget. This role requires significant experience in setting vision and strategy for the leveraged use of technology in the above areas of technology expertise, and the executive communication skills to present and influence business partners and industry experts in line with the defined vision. This leader will work closely with the digital and analytics leader and collaborate with GIT as needed.
Function Specific Activities:
Strong communication, collaboration, influencing and negotiation skills.
Use change management techniques to convince and influence. Ability to build strategic and operational vendor relationships. Connect with partners to understand longer term opportunity for partnership/negotiate master agreements and manage daily operations and issue resolution (often across multiple third parties).
This role requires significant experience in setting vision and strategy for the use of technology to drive innovation and competitive advantage. Must have the ability to communicate with senior business leaders to understand business goals and challenges, and then translate those goals into software development strategies that deliver game-changing capabilities.
The leader must have ability to influence direction and balance challenging trade-offs between timely delivery of value added bottlers' field solutions and appropriate governance and risk management to ensure the integrity and quality of capabilities being implemented (field deployed).
This role must lead delivery of innovative new commercial technologies and delivery processes (e.g., crowd sourcing) that enable Coca-Cola to rapidly exploit web, mobile, and digital technologies for competitive advantage and differentiating capabilities for employees, customers, and consumers. This role is in the heart of the Consumerization of IT and must deliver consumer quality solutions that significantly change the experience with IT.
- Focuses on strategic initiatives and plans; is proactive, anticipatory and driving in nature to provide significant value to divisions/functions.
- Plays a lead role in enabling the business to achieve their objectives through the effective use of technology.
- Work with business leadership to document a clear vision of a business problem/opportunity and how it supports the business plan.
Understand that in BIG there will be regional requirements including the need to tailor policies and change management procedures and materials as necessary. Incumbent will have proven ability to work with multi-cultural leaders in geographies across 5 continents. Experience managing geographically dispersed teams and largely outsourced teams, experience operating in a highly matrix type organization.
Experience in managing and coordinating business critical commercial operations, (unexpected) outages and escalations, and this in a very structured, professional and flexible manner. Able to communicate impact in a very swift manner, in business language. Involve and manage outsourced services providers as they need to contribute to the long term solution.
Years of Experience:7-10 Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.