Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
The successful candidate will work with R&D product development teams to lead and support key technical initiatives within the Technical Center. The role will identify, design and validate processes for new products and technologies that deliver against the total beverage portfolio, with a focus on dairy and low acid beverages. The role will lead scale up processes from Pilot Plant to Commercialization. Ensure compliance will all internal policies and external regulatory requirements (FDA, PMO, HACCP, LAFC, etc.). You will report directly to the Group Leader For Process Engineering R&D.
Function Specific Activities:
- Comply with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Given an objective: initiate test plans, develop experimental setups, test execution and provide data analysis to quantify key process parameters and fundamental mechanisms at both pilot and factory scale. Requires experience/knowledge of process/product integration.
- Support the origination of prototypes and the development of a technical approach/ risk assessment related to new product and process development, from bench-top to pilot-plant and through to plant-scale
- Troubleshoot problems and develop root cause and corrective actions
- Participate as an active member of cross-functional business teams including Marketing, Operations, Quality and Procurement
Education Requirements: University/Bachelor's Degree- Engineering
Related Work Experience:
3+ years Process engineering of low acid food products or pharmaceuticals
· Will identify/design/validate and communicate Technologies that support the Innovation pipeline. Including but not limited to new thermal pasteurizers, new blending technologies, product handling, raw material handling, filling technologies, pumps, valves and control systems.
· Must clearly communicate New Process Designs to R&D Scientists, Supply Chain leadership, co-packer management and operations. Must describe processing in standard scientific language (times, temperature, shear rates etc.). Use Process Flow Diagrams and Technical Transfer Templates.
· Must be able to communicate with technical and non-technical cross functional teams. Must clearly communicate to Marketing and Supply Chain Engineering in language that each can utilize.
· Quickly understand possible process/product interactions and provide a risk assessment and primary recommendation. Trouble Shoot Commercial Processes and provide solutions in order to successfully produce new products. Understand why a process is not capable and how to best make it capable within the time and financial constraints of the project.
· Participate in business planning process by providing capital estimates for new processing systems and plant trials, as well as providing timing estimates for new commercialization.
Years of Experience:3-5 Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.