Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
The Retail Growth Manager - Large Stores serves as the primary point of contact representing the total portfolio to the Coca-Cola Beverages Florida across select Channels. The Retail Growth Manager - Large Stores provides channel leadership for the brands of The Coca-Cola Company with primary accountability of growing revenue, gross profit, transactions, incidence and value share through:
Business Plan Stewardship Commercial/Customer Alignment Channel Strategy and Execution Capability Building
- Stewards commercial strategy for local market execution with Coca-Cola Beverages Florida and the Commercial team (i.e., Sparkling recruitment strategy)
- Monitors performance versus execution objectives, re-plans as necessary and provides solutions to deliver against the plan.
- Responsible for collaborating on the contingency plan to deliver the annual business plan
- Drives alignment supporting annual Commercial priorities
- Ensure PicOS is executed across Large Store Channels
- Drives adoption of new brands, packages, in line with market segmentation and brand strategies
- Communicates program details and ensures end to end execution within geographic territory
- Stewards solutions for performance opportunities and gap
- Channel Strategy and Execution:
- Stewards' trimester planning process with commercial and channel management by communicating plans and programs for market and customer execution.
- Communicates OBPPC and PicOS for channel and customer implementation and RED
- Provides Bottler performance feedback to brand, channel and customer teams “serving as voice of the market” for Coca-Cola Beverages Florida
- Monitors market conditions and reports competitive activity to management, Bottler and local associates in order to understand program effectiveness and any implementation barriers.
- Standardizes common approach to capability building based on bottler segmentation
- Assesses local Bottler commercial capabilities against established commercial strategies and objectives using core measures (i.e. AMPS); identifies gaps and develops action plans to improve capabilities
- Coordinates training/development enables more effective processes, scorecards and business routines to achieve the annual business plan.
EDUCATION: Minimum Required: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Level: MBA
EXPERIENCE: Minimum Required: Minimum 5 - 10 years Coca-Cola system/direct Bottler experience
o Picture of Success (PicOS)
o Performance Scorecard
o System Alignment
o Collaborating for Value
o Shared Metrics
General Skill, Knowledge and Abilities
- Influence/Motivate Key Stakeholders - Influence and motivate key stakeholders (e.g., Bottlers) to implement the CCNA strategies by clearly demonstrating the value and linkage to their business goals and objectives.
- Value Chain - Experience and understanding of running the full value chain and system economics (company, bottler, retailer, and supplier)
- Complex project management capability & Cross functional working knowledge (customer, commercial, product supply, customer care, sales operations, marketing, media, etc.)
- Understanding of bottler operations
- Managing Customer / Bottler Relationships - manage to a “fact based” business partnership and develop personal connections
- Experience with price/package/promotion plan development & analytics and how it impacts volume, revenue, margin, market coherency
- System Economics - Full understanding of system and bottler economics including P&L - Using financial / economic analysis to influence bottler actions
- Annual Business Planning - ability to build plan including commercial and retail / brand / package / package / price / occasion; ability to steward the plan and flexible enough to build, execute contingencies
- Strong Analytical skills and problem solving -ability to draw insights and actions from data and take analysis through to a recommendation
- Commercial Capabilities - including Picture of Success (PicOS), segmentation and performance score carding
Years of Experience:5-7 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.