Position Overview:Responsible for the supervision of Dairy Production Department personnel to ensure the efficient production of the highest quality product at the lowest cost in meeting customer demands.
Function Specific Activities:
Coordinates the day-to-day activities of a team of production workers to ensure that manufacturing operations run according to established production specifications and schedules; monitors the volume and quality of output and adjust tasks, timing etc.; supervises staff to ensure that all production tasks are performed and all machines and equipment operated safely; prepares production reports. Leads/supervises a team of more than 2 para-professionals; typically without budget or hire-fire authority; focuses on mentoring and coordination.
Function Related Activities / Key Responsibilities:
- Select, supervise and develop Dairy Production Department personnel
- Ensure all department production equipment is maintained up to company standards.
- Ensure department is in compliance with all federal and state regulations along with company policy/procedure.
- Monitor and enforce proper sanitation and housekeeping procedures
- Utilize Operational Excellence tools to deliver productivity improvements
- Conduct scheduled meetings (department, safety) - Develop workforce through supervision, coaching, and training.
- Ensure all plans and strategies are effectively communicated throughout the department.
- Review, alter, and approve all departmental scheduling issues.
- Manage customer service and personnel issues
- High School Diploma or GED Required, Bachelor's Degree in technical or engineering preferred
- 1 year in supervisory roles of people & processes
- 3 years production/manufacturing experience, preferably in the food and/or beverage industry.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds required.
- Basic computer and database application skills.
- Familiarity with manufacturing systems.
- Working knowledge of food safety
- Working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Pasteurization and/or Dairy Manufacturing experience preferred, including but not limited to:
- Working knowledge of food processing equipment and CIP systems for such.
- Working knowledge of PMO (Pasteurized Milk Ordinance).
- Working knowledge of State and Federal Dairy regulations.
- Working knowledge of Dairy testing procedures and protocols.
- Working knowledge of Dairy cleaning procedures.
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Years of Experience:1-2 Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.