Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
Performs skilled maintenance and repair services of facility or/and production plant systems such as mechanical, electrical and building or/and production line systems; ability to interpret blueprints and schematics; has knowledge of methods, practices and techniques of maintaining building and facilities. Individual contributor that is fully proficient in applying established standards; knowledge base acquired from several years of experience in particular area; works independently; may coach other para-professionals.
Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities
- Properly trouble-shoot and maintain production lines and/or batching/processing equipment.
- Properly perform all necessary maintenance tasks to production lines (i.e. rebuilds, welding, valve, pipe and solenoid selection, etc.)
- Properly develop and implement preventive maintenance systems for all production equipment and/or batching/processing equipment.
- Execute predictive and preventative maintenance practices for all production equipment.
- Perform systematic preventative maintenance, including electrical or mechanical adjustments, inspections and minor repairs.
- In a timely manner, identify and correct potential equipment problems.
- Maintain accurate records and logs as required.
- Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) in the execution of the work schedule. Ensures the area is maintained in a clean, safe, and orderly fashion.
- Work directly with cross-departmental personnel and management to problem-solve to ensure maximum production efficiencies.
- Comply with all standard safety practices, safety rules, and all Company rules and policies.
- Maintain proper safety conditions of equipment including immediately correcting or reporting safety issues to your supervisor.
- Perform quality checks and accurate quality documentation as required.
- Read, understand and comply with standard operating procedures and Safety Data Sheets.
- Able to explain and demonstrate job tasks to all internal and external visitors.
- Use computer and associated software on PLC's to troubleshoot and correct equipment issues.
- Actively assist with planning/scheduling and storeroom staff for tracking work orders, parts, and purchase requisitions.
- Identify and assist in the implementation of projects as required.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Maintenance experience which may include hydraulics, controls, electrical, mechanical, welding, electrical, PLC's, and pneumatics - 2 years' experience preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot maintenance-related problems
- Ability to read diagrams, blueprints and schematics.
- Meet all basic plant employment criteria, to include a good attendance record.
- Must be certified on the training plan for this position within 60 working days of start date
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds
- Standing and walking for continuous periods, including 8-hour, 10-hour or 12-hour shift or required necessary hours.
- Ability to bend, lift and/or twist.
- Ability to work on multiple levels, such as catwalks, ladders, etc. and ability to work in extreme temperatures
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Ability to grip, grasp, and squeeze materials, parts, hand tools, and products.
- Ability to hear machine operations sounds to detect defective parts, machine failures, and changes in speed and other routine running conditions.
- Ability to trouble-shoot production-related problems.
- Must have strong problem solving skills and the ability to work efficiently under stressful situations
- Ability to work 8-hour, 10-hour or 12-hour shift or required necessary hours to meet the business requirements. This may include overtime and weekend work as necessary
- Must be able to use a computer and associated software programs
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of Quality, Service and Cost objectives.
- Ability to read equipment operations manuals.
- Ability to visually identify and recognize material, part, and product defects.
- Ability to participate in job development training (i.e. trouble-shooting, etc.)
- Ability to work in a team environment.
JOB LOCATION AND WORK CONDITIONS: Work is performed in high-speed bottling, manufacturing, and warehouse environment. Work requires exposure to all temperature changes, high noise levels, working around moving equipment, tanks, heights, wet conditions, fumes, vibrations, dust, etc. Working hours must be flexible with the ability to work all shifts and extended hours as required.
EQUIPMENT: Personal protective equipment to include but not limited to steel-toed footwear, safety glasses, hearing protection and uniform requirements. Hoist, hand cart, hand tools, measuring instruments, equipment operations manuals. Cleaning equipment and chemicals.
- Train new associates
- Participate on Continuous Improvement Team
- Travel to vendor and other Company locations
- Delivering presentations
- Operate general office equipment, i.e., fax, copier, and supplies
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.