Position Overview:This position is part of the Controllership team within Integrated Services - Corporate Finance Operations. This Senior Accountant role will interact with various Corporate Functions and will provide core accounting expertise to Finance Managers in the functions as well as Corporate OPEX Controllers. This role will be heavily involved in the creation of projects/campaigns for all project-related spend with SAP MEM or Project Systems, leading the PO review process related to OPEX POs and/or project spend reporting, performing general ledger closing activities during period end, analyzing and reconciling certain balance sheet accounts, and will work with a wide range of associates to understand business transactions. This role will provide assistance with SAP (and other systems) and share accounting knowledge on the execution of new and ongoing transactions. This position will require sophisticated analytical skills, exceptional collaboration and organizational capabilities, and the ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines.
Function Specific Activities:
Performs a variety of accounting activities to control the organization's financial resources and ensure that it complies with all relevant regulations; reconciles accounts; maintains a complete and accurate general ledger; collects and compiles financial information; prepares financial reports and accounting statements; provides technical accounting advice within area of expertise. Individual contributor that works under limited supervision; applies subject matter knowledge; requires capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge.
The key activities that this role will be expected to perform include the following:
- Analyze and record accounting transactions for Corporate activity, including amortization of prepaid and accrual balances, benefits, capital project settlement and balance sheet allocations.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts. Prepare analysis of those accounts to be reviewed with clients. Make recommendations on areas of risk and opportunities where required.
- Lead the Purchase Order review process related to OPEX POs and/or project spend reporting.
- Create projects/campaigns for all project-related spend within SAP MEM or Project Systems.
- Manage end-to-end capital process for assigned Corporate Function (including consultation, AUC, capitalization, and disposal).
- Prepare supplemental schedules and forms on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Prepare assigned Cash Flows for multiple Corporate legal entities.
- Update metrics for Controllership team; monitor, analyze and alert OPEX Controllers and/or Legal Entity Controllers (LECs) on underperforming metrics.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects within the department
- Prepare other ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Bachelors of Accounting or Finance required. CPA is highly preferred
Work Experience: 3+ years related work experience
- Applicants with strong SAP, Excel and process improvement experience is desirable.
- Prefer candidates with general accounting and reporting experience.
- A combination of Public Accounting and Industry experience is highly desirable.
- GAAP: Knowledge of international, U.S. or local GAAP. This includes the ability to apply these principles and determine compliance with the principles.
- Reconciliation: Ability to compare data from various data sources and identify inconsistencies or variances.
- Basic Financial Analysis: The ability to analyze financial data (e.g., validity of data including balance sheet account balance, P&L variance, volume trends, return on investments). This includes creating spreadsheets, explaining variances, identifying issues, and making appropriate recommendations.
- Basic Accounting Principles: Knowledge of basic accounting principles (e.g., debit and credit) around transactional processes (e.g., accruals, derivatives, benefit plans, marketing programs).
- Financial Systems and Processes: Ability to research financial systems and processes (e.g., journal vouchers, vendor file, online banking tools) to resolve issues (e.g., missing payments, missing journal vouchers).
- Control Environment: Ability to assess current controls to ensure that assets are safeguarded and that transactions are authorized, recorded, and reported. This may include designing and implementing cost- effective systems and procedures properly.
Years of Experience:2-3 Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.