Position Overview:The Business Services Manager (BSM) is accountable for IT related roles assigned in the respective GIT services regardless of location as follows;
1) Business Account Management, 2) Business Analysis, 3) Project Management, 4) Service Management and 5) Innovation.
The BSM should work closely with stakeholders; Global IT Service Management teams, BU IT Leaders and Business leaders/users to help define, manage, operationalize & support the Global IT initiatives and strategies through disciplined management routines. Depending on resource allocation status for APAC Group business priority, may sometimes need to take a role in other IT Services beyond assigned IT Services. This role is under the reporting line of APAC CIO and should closely work with Business Unit IT Lead on-site.
Key focus of this role is to lead and/or support global IT solution deployment for Technical/SCM in Japan Business Unit by working with key business users and leaders in APAC Group. This role will also support regional specific IT solution deployments in the assigned service and will have oversight on on-going support for regional applications conducted by IT operation team.
This role will be an individual contributor.
Function Specific Activities:
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Business Account Management:
- Business engagement with regional/cross market business and system stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with IT Service and respective BU IT leads to ensure IT strategies are aligned with their respective BUs' expectations, and that IT works as an enabler to achieve business objectives.
- Manages the overall business relationship, and portfolio. Accountable for business client satisfaction of the entire IT end-to-end services within their scope of responsibility.
-Actively participate the business strategy discussion, work closely with IT service peers, BU IT leaders and business leaders within the region to help define, operationalize & support regional initiatives and strategies through disciplined management routines,
- Being the services' face to regional Group and BUs clients, providing the best IT recommendation on how to address business needs aligned with the strategies
- Influence other markets for IT solution adoption whenever possible, and ensure the design, development, and implementation of global solutions that comply with Group/BU´s needs aiming successful implementation of IT solutions.
2. Business analysis:
- Responsible for understanding the business requirement and processes and providing strategic direction and leading transformational programs.
- Defines the solution requirements required by the business and coordinates the determination of applicable non-functional requirements to meet the needs.
3. Project Management (up to middle complexity):
- Lead and manage cross-functional projects across multiple BUs with low/med complexity including all aspects related to them such as resource management, project development and implementation of respective IT solutions and/or business process.
- Handles and coordinate all communications of the projects with its stakeholders in order to ensure consistency in strategic alignment, processes, issues, status and results within the region and with similar culture background. Manages the task level project activities needed for application delivery and reports status and risk to governance functions during the duration of the project.
-Advise Global Delivery team/Regional Delivery Office to manage OR directly manage, internal and/or external resources from multiple vendors and to ensure vendor's compliance with TCCC project standards, guarantee correct project execution and high quality deliverables, escalating to project sponsors and SLT (internal and/or external) whenever risks or unsolved issues are identified.
- Ensures the use of TCCC standard apps development and security methodologies covering the full project development life cycle
4. Service Management:
- Provides overall oversight and coordination of critical IT services, in assigned business area. This role has ownership and accountability for all service planning, delivery, management and improvement activities under respective services.
- Continuously search and evaluate innovative approaches and IT solutions aiming to take/maintain our Business at a lead position, bringing efficiencies, cost reduction to our processes and differentiated market recognition.
- Share and apply the best practices of relevant area regardless of region or location
APAC Group (if assigned, Business Unit)
- Complex communication in business terms with multiple business areas to understand the needs and provide required solutions
- Understand the business processes and design a change management plan to move to the new proposed solution.
- Be a business partner during all the projects, clarifying doubts and managing expectations.
- Lead resolution and re-planning activities with stakeholders to realign strategies and close identified gaps.
- Handles the communication of project-related objectives, processes, events, issues, status, and results to the appropriate parties (stakeholders) in order to keep them informed and involved.
- Manage the communication around report costs, budgets and rolling estimates for all projects assigned.
IT Services management
- Project status report, deviations, risks, next steps and challenges in every project assigned.
- As SME (Subject Matter Expert), spread knowledge over his/her colleagues.
- In partnership with BU IT Lead, being the service´s face to the BU clients.
- Work with BU Leads and Service Leaders to ensure simplification IT strategy is being considered and applied Globally
- Negotiate proposals, contracts, project deliverables, SLA etc.
- Monitor vendor performance against service level agreements and contracts and coordinate with them improvements.
Other IT services.
- Maintain active linkages with other IT Services in order to collaborate and coordinate actions.
- Participate in the periodic meetings related with global projects/platforms.
- When global platforms being implemented, constant communication with Global teams are required to ensure clear understanding and success implementation.
- Engage and partner with Global Service Management Teams (IT and Business) and Franchise Leadership Team to ensure common solutions are being considered to fulfil project needs that involve bottlers. Influence on adoption of existent IT solution whenever needed and whenever suitable for the bottling community.
Maintain active linkages with Franchise Leadership team in order to collaborate and coordinate actions on projects that impact or are impacted by bottlers.
Supervision of project resources (internal and external) that can vary from project to project
RELATED JOB REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS
Skills: Execution and result oriented, Problem Solving, Project Management.
Business Intelligence, Master Data management, Information governance
At least 5-7 years of business (preferable at FMCG) and related IT experience including skills as follows:
- Experience in ERP and solution deployment, especially with SAP is plus.
- Business knowledge of SCM of FMCG
- Communicating Effectively.
- Project Management (multiple projects simultaneously)
- Leading Through Change
- Influence capability
- Result oriented
- Building Accountability
- Building Value Based Relationships
- Focusing on Customers
- Strong Business Acumen
- Consumer Goods Industry business processes knowledge
- Ability to lead and facilitate group meetings with participants across multiple countries primarily within the region to drive actionable outcomes and decisions
- Fluency in English and Japanese
- Acting with Integrity
- Pursuing Innovation
- Pursuing Personal Development
University/Advanced Degree - IS, MIS or similar
Must understand and manage the cultural differences from each country working in a Global team.
English and Japanese (business conversation and writings) are MUST.
Must be flexible to adapt his/her working hours due to important time zone differences among other countries.
Three are the main problems to solve, and each one is related with each main role to be performed by this position:
- Business Knowledge and collaboration: Understand the business needs and actively participate in the business strategy discussion and make the influence, and develop or seek globally an adequate solution to address those needs. Engagement with the business users and stakeholders where he/she is located.
- Project manager: The problems here are related with management and project deviations that must be solved to fulfil objectives of each initiative.
- Subject Matter Expert: Technologies are constantly evolving, then, being updated and understand how to apply the new technologies in the company and how to spread, share and apply the knowledge are some of the problems.
Due the constant changes of the environment supported by the area, every project could require a completely new approach and knowledge. Each project could be a brand new technology, previously unknown or even non-existent. This continuous transformation requires a quick response and easy adaptation to manage the area.
JUDGEMENT AND DECISION MAKING
The decisions taken can affect from one BU area to some markets with supervisory by his/her manager, including business processes and decision making processes. Projects' related decisions can affect budget, information security and/or business information availability.
These decisions involves operational policies and procedures, implementation of new technologies' projects and alignment with global strategies.
This position requires strategic business consultancy requiring experience and knowledge of FMCG business and processes. FMCG supply chain end-to-end processes knowledge is highly recommended for this position in order to engage with them, define correct IT solutions and influence bottlers in adopting recommended technologies.
Job Requirements:Business Knowledge and collaboration: Understand the business needs and actively participate in the business strategy discussion and make the influence, and develop or seek globally an adequate solution to address those needs. Engagement with the business users and stakeholders where he/she is located. Project manager: The problems here are related with management and project deviations that must be solved to fulfil objectives of each initiative. Subject Matter Expert: Technologies are constantly evolving, then, being updated and understand how to apply the new technologies in the company and how to spread, share and apply the knowledge are some of the problems.
Years of Experience:5-7 Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.