Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Manufacture NFC drink containers. Set up, operate, repair and maintain blow molding equipment to permit high rates of efficiency. Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of Quality, Service, and Cost objectives. Comply with all standard operating procedures and requirements under TCCC Quality System.
Function Specific Activities:
- Efficiently operate blow molding and bottle management equipment.
- Perform all Maintenance level preventative maintenance duties as required.
- Supply equipment with required materials, (e.g., pre-forms).
- Maintain accurate records and logs as required.
- Perform all production quality checks as required.
- Set up and changeover line equipment (blow molders and all related support equipment) and to minimize line changeover times.
- Assist in the timely completion of any preventative maintenance duties required on production equipment.
- Troubleshoot and correct mechanical deficiencies, electrical and pneumatic devices.
- Understand the blow mold process “Sequence of Operation”
- Maintain equipment and area cleanliness to ensure compliance with all GMP standards.
- Work directly with maintenance personnel, line personnel, management in problem solving to ensure maximum production efficiencies.
- Comply with all standard safety practices, safety rules, and all Company rules and policies.
- Maintain proper safety conditions of equipment including immediately correcting or reporting safety issues.
- Able to identify deficiencies within area of responsibility and implement or recommend appropriate corrective actions.
- Use equipment operations manuals and hand tools as required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Supply your own tool set per Maintenance Required Tool list.
- 1 year experience performing routine scheduled Preventative Maintenance and lubrication, machine setups, product changeovers, running machine adjustments and tuning.
- Must pass the Ramsay Maintenance Assessment at a Production Tech II level.
- Ability to lift up to 65 pounds.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand instructions given in English.
- Ability to recognize material and product defects and hear machine operations sounds to detect jams, changes in speed and other routine running conditions and have a working knowledge of production machinery.
- Manual and finger dexterity.
- Ability to read and understand Equipment Operations manuals, basic electrical and mechanical drawings and to trouble-shoot basic automation control-related devices including but not limited to: photo and proximity sensors, switches, pneumatic valves. Must participate in job development training and cross-train on all equipment.
- Ability to work eight-hour shifts, 12 hour shifts or other work schedules as determined by business need, including overtime as required.
Must be certified on the following sections of the JPM for this position within sixty working days of start date:
- Blow Mold Operator General
- Must be certified on the remaining sections of the JPM within six months of start date.
- Work is performed in high-speed bottling and production environment. Work involves exposure to temperature extremes, high noise levels, wetness, heights, dust, moving equipment, vibrations and vapors.
- Forklift, hoist, hand cart, hand tools, measuring instruments, equipment operations manuals personal computer and MSDS sheets. Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to safety glasses, steel-toed shoes and hearing protection.
- Travel to other locations. Perform other duties as assigned. Explain and demonstrate job tasks to visitors. Order supplies and chemicals.
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.