Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
This position is responsible for the integrity of ingredients, raw materials, batching, blending, processes, sampling, testing and inspection of finished product that adheres to the Company's standards and specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform laboratory tests (e.g., microbiological, calibration, chemical, sensory) in order to determine that raw materials, packaging and manufactured products meet the Company's quality standards and specifications.
- Prepare samples and sampling plan for ingredients, intermediate or finished products, or other materials in order to perform analyses (e.g., chemical, physical, sensory, microbiological).
- Process incoming or outgoing samples (e.g., receiving, logging, labeling, shipping) using tools to ensure that samples are traceable and properly distributed for analysis.
- Perform microbiological tests in order to determine viable organisms or total counts.
- Perform chemical analyses using instrumental methods in order to determine the composition of samples.
- Evaluate ingredients, products or packaging materials via visual inspection or by measuring weight, density, stress, dimensions, torque, strength, etc. in order to determine physical properties of samples and compliance with standards.
- Prepare standards or standard curves to perform quantitative analyses.
- Interpret data from routine and non-routine analyses in order to validate that ingredients/materials meet specifications approve for shipment to Company plants.
- Prepare beverages and conduct analytical tests and taste or odor tests according to sensory guidelines.
- Provide the framework and tools for ensuring the quality and integrity of products through the on-going development and refining of the Coca-Cola Quality System (TCCQS).
- Receive and document inbound materials and finished products for production and/or inventory accuracy using designated receiving procedures.
- Perform statistical process control on required plant equipment and processes in order to monitor quality of finished products, packages and ingredients.
- Clean and sanitize tanks using technology (e.g., computer-guided processes) and physical ability (e.g., washing the tanks) in order to maintain sanitary production equipment in manufacturing plant.
- Calculate production yields and scrap quantities in order to accurately record material usage variances.
- Add liquid or dry ingredients, using product specifications and Master Mixing Instructions (MMI), to a concentrate, beverage base or syrup product in order to keep the overall product manufacturing process moving forward.
- Prepare (e.g., inspect, verify condition) all equipment used in the manufacturing process prior to use in order to ensure smooth, sanitary and safe operation.
- Report finished production process data to supervisor for approval before releasing a batch of concentrate, syrup or beverage base in order to assure quality of material released for distribution.
- Complete legal and Department of Transportation paperwork regarding trucks, truck drivers or freight in accordance with policies and procedures in order to document compliance with transportation regulations.
- Perform data transactions for inventory control items by using facility information systems to ensure product, ingredient and material traceability.
- Support new products and/or business innovations by performing product trial runs and protocol studies as needed under the guidelines of The Coca-Cola Quality System (TCCQS) to ensure manufacturing capability and to meet commercialization timeline.
- Hook drums lines to tank outlet, close and cap all outlets according to standard operating procedures to ensure proper flow of ingredients and proper tank utilization.
- Perform CIP on blending equipment.
- Perform line checks to ensure product and packaging meet specifications.
- Operate lab testing equipment such as density meters and titrators.
- Document all operational parameters.
- Control ingredient inventory through FIFO
- Move and lift material weighing 55 pounds to distances of 10 feet or more, floor to waist.
- Ability to push and pull force of 80lbs.
- Ability to squat and bend over at the waist.
- Associates Degree or Intermediate Certificate, Bachelors Degree or University, High School or GED (Required)
Years of Experience:
- 1-2 Years Experience
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.