Position Overview:This is an on-going assignment where the Retail Ambassador will function primarily on the sales floor, cash wrap, and cafe. They are responsible for driving revenue generation through demonstration of merchandise selling skills. The Retail Ambassador duties consist of greeting and assisting internal and external guests. Stocking, staging and transporting merchandise to the sales floor. Cycle counts, ticketing and maintaining visual standards on the sales floor and at the cash wrap. Cash handling will be a requirement for all ambassadors. Individuals in this position must work cooperatively with other ambassadors and productively with minimal supervision.:
This is an on-going assignment where the Retail Ambassador will function primarily on the sales floor, cash wrap, and cafe. They are responsible for driving revenue generation through demonstration of merchandise selling skills. The Retail Ambassador duties consist of greeting and assisting internal and external guests. Stocking, staging and transporting merchandise to the sales floor. Cycle counts, ticketing and maintaining visual standards on the sales floor and at the cash wrap. Cash handling will be a requirement for all ambassadors. Individuals in this position must work cooperatively with other ambassadors and productively with minimal supervision.
In addition to Retail Ambassador roles and responsibilities, the Retail Ambassador is responsible for supporting the retail team in overseeing the operational functioning of the sales floor, cash wrap, and back of house operations.
- Function as a source of knowledge about retail merchandise at The Coca-Cola Store Orlando, its products and history, current stock and inventory levels.
- Demonstrate features and benefits of merchandise/product in order to educate the customer and promote sales.
- Handle POS transactions accurately and efficiently.
- Demonstrate selling skills including, but not limited to, approaching and acknowledging, identifying needs, suggesting, and closing, in order to promote sales and a positive experience for the customer.
- Participates in organizing and executing the bi-annual inventory and performs scheduled inventory updating/cycle counts.
- Assist with all price changes and ticket merchandise prior to staging on sales floor.
- Assist with merchandise order placement, processing and replenishment
- Assist and maintain sales floor, cash wrap, and back of house for maximum efficiency.
- Maintain visual standards and follow the plan-o-grams set by the planners, merchandise manager, and visual lead
- Assist and support the Coca-Cola Store Orlando warehouse team when necessary.
- Drive Innovation: Demonstrate constructive discontent; question when things can be done better & identify improvement areas. Take appropriate risks & learn from mistakes. Rapidly implement & commercialize approved ideas. Propose opportunities for improvement & apply best practices/learnings from other parts of the System
- Collaborate with the System, Customers and Key Stakeholders: Gain agreement from others to support ideas or take action using fact-based recommendations. Establish & work to continually improve productive, long-term relationships. Take action based on knowledge of effective business practices, ensuring internal/external customer needs are met or exceeded. Consider how work impacts others & act accordingly
- Act Like an Owner: Focus on highest priority actions first; adjust priorities when appropriate to achieve results. Accomplish objectives; ensure completion of work. Take action in daily work to positively impact people, communities, and the environment. Use Company resources responsibly
- Inspire Others: Express passion for the System, our brands, business and people; be a brand ambassador. Align actions and decisions with Company vision and strategies. Persist in achieving goals in spite of barriers or obstacles through personal commitment to work. Be engaged in work & invest time, passion, and best efforts to accomplish goals. Respect others and be honest & open in order to build credibility & trust
- Develop and Others: Respect & leverage individual differences. Help others learn & grow by providing feedback & mentoring. Promote the organization to prospective employees & refer great talent to our System. Ask for & act on feedback from others; continuously develop through learning from others & sharing knowledge & experience. Make choices to help balance work & life, in pursuit of bringing personal energy to work, creating overall well-being.
- Lives the Value: Demonstrates the values of The Coca-Cola Company through words, actions and by example; fosters an environment that reflects the values of the company.
- Guest Service: Ensures that the guest remains top priority before, during and after the purchase
- Organization: Ability to organize, prioritize assignments and meet deadlines.
- Accuracy: Ability to handle cash and provide change without error.
- Business Etiquette: Communicate effectively with guests, members of management and ambassadors. Ability to communicate with others, via telephone or in person, in a professional and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport. This includes the ability to understand, be diplomatic and tactful, demonstrate appropriate behavior in social situations and maintain composure in negative circumstances in order to achieve results.
- Communication: Ability to represent The Company effectively in a public forum through verbal and visual presentations, delivering guest service that enhances the reputation and image of The Company.
- Safety Procedures: Knowledge of and ability to proactively recognize and report safety issues or incidences and maintain a clean, safe work environment (e.g. customer safety, keeping work aisles clear, sanitary health practices, proper placement of tools and machinery, etc.).
- Flexibility: In scheduling to meet the needs of the business. Ability to change or adapt work practices, priorities or to reschedule activities in response to changing conditions or multiple work demands.
- Retail Sales Knowledge: Knowledge of and ability to apply retail selling skills.
- Work: Must have the ability for heavy lifting up to 40lbs. Must be familiar with, and capable of, operating a hydraulic jack, hand truck, etc.
In addition to the above roles and responsibilities, there may be additional responsibilities to fulfill the Lead Ambassador position requirements.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in the use of: hydraulic jack, hand truck, flat-bed, cart, ladder, tape gun, glue gun, box cutter and shrink wrap machine.
- Physical Demands: Frequently required to stoop, stand, walk, climb, lift and use repetitive motions. Frequent lifting of materials/merchandise or equipment, some of which may be heavy (up to 40lbs) or awkward.
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.