Position Overview:This is an on-going assignment where the Retail Ambassador will function primarily in the stockroom and sales floor. They are responsible for performing general stockroom duties and replenishing the sales floor. These duties include stocking, staging and transporting merchandise into and out of the stockroom or sales floor, cycle counts, ticketing and maintaining visual standards and stock levels on the sales floor. Individuals in this position must work cooperatively with other ambassadors and productively with minimal supervision.
Function Specific Activities:
Candidates must be available to work Saturdays, Sundays and 2-3 weekdays. Any shift during the hours of 8:30 am - 1:00 am
Coordinates inventory cycle activities with warehouse, operations and finance functions; leads a cross functional team for analyzing warehousing problems, improving operational and process efficiency; develops and implements new control methods and measures to monitor inventory accuracy.
In addition to stockroom roles and responsibilities, the Retail Ambassador is responsible for supporting the retail team in overseeing the operational functioning of the stockroom and sales floor replenishment program.
- Function as a source of knowledge about merchandise, current stock and inventory levels (utilizing WinRetail reports made available by BOH Lead and Manager).
- Assist in the receiving and unloading of all merchandise, visual fixtures, furniture, equipment, beverage and other supplies pertinent to business operations.
- Assist with deliveries and distribution of merchandise, supplies and materials to appropriate storage areas.
- Participates in organizing and executing the bi-annual inventory and performs scheduled inventory updating/cycle counts.
- Complete all price changes and ticket merchandise prior to staging on sales floor.
- Assist and maintain all storage areas for maximum efficiency.
- Ensure store procedures are followed for maintaining stockroom standards and safety.
- Ensure key items/top sellers are fully stocked throughout the business day and all sizes are represented on the sales floor.
- Maintain visual standards and follow the plan-o-grams set by the planners and merchandise manager.
- Maintain areas of responsibility within the stock room.
- Drives Innovative Business Improvements: Develops new insights into solutions that result in organizational improvements; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking.
- Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities: Seeks to meet critical objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the ability to achieve long-term goals.
- Delivers Results: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most value and channels own and others' energy to consistently deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
- Imports and Exports Good Ideas: Relentlessly seeks shares and adopts ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by others.
- Develops and Inspires Others: Builds and maintains relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goal accomplishments. Develops self and others to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles; seeks and provides feedback and coaching to enhance performance.
- Lives the Value: Demonstrates the values of The Coca-Cola Company through words, actions and by example; fosters an environment that reflects the values of the company.
- Guest Service: Ensures that the guest remains top priority.
- Organization: Ability to organize, prioritize assignments and meet deadlines.
- Accuracy: Ability to prepare accurate replenishment lists.
- Work: Must have the ability for heavy lifting up to 40lbs. Must be familiar with and capable of operating hydraulic jack, hand truck, etc.
- Business Etiquette: Communicate effectively with guests, members of management and ambassadors. Ability to communicate with others, via telephone or in person, in a professional and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport. This includes the ability to understand, be diplomatic and tactful, demonstrate appropriate behavior in social situations and maintain composure in negative circumstances in order to achieve results.
- Communication: Ability to represent the Company effectively in a public forum through verbal and visual presentations, delivering guest service that enhances the reputation and image of the company.
- Safety Procedures: Knowledge of and ability to proactively recognize and report safety issues or incidences and maintain a clean, safe work environment (e.g. customer safety, keeping work aisles clear, sanitary health practices, proper placement of tools and machinery, etc.).
- Flexibility: In scheduling to meet the needs of the business. Ability to change or adapt work practices, priorities or to reschedule activities in response to changing conditions or multiple work demands.
In addition to the above roles and responsibilities, there may be additional responsibilities to fulfill the Replenisher position requirements.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in the use of: hydraulic jack, hand truck, flat-bed, cart, ladder, tape gun, glue gun, box cutter and shrink wrap machine.
- Physical Demands: Frequently required to stoop, stand, walk, climb, lift and use repetitive motions. Frequent lifting of materials/merchandise or equipment, some of which may be heavy (up to 40lbs) or awkward.
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.