Position Overview:The Production Floor Line Lead (PFLL) will work to naturalize and propagate a CI culture on the production floor by coaching and facilitating the use of the CI toolset and standard processes to production line associates. The PFLL will be responsible for leveraging team-based problem solving techniques (e.g. production floor gembas , kaizen events, root cause, etc) to investigate, analyze, identify and mitigate causes of performance gaps on the production line. The PFLL will be responsible for building associate capability and proficiency in operating and maintaining line equipment with the objective of instilling a sense of “machine ownership” in each associate that will be the foundation of the TPM initiative at the Main Street Plant. The PFLL will be accountable for ensuring that production line associate complete the required training matrix for (his/her) line and machine in a specified time frame determined by plant management.
Function Specific Activities:
- The PFLL must be energetic, self-motivated, and comfortable in leading Kaizen teams, maintaining a sense of urgency in “Making Success Routine” on the production floor, and building the case for continuous improvement initiatives focused on enhancing the stability and reliability of the production line.
- The PFLL must be proficient in the use of spreadsheets, and be able to assimilate, analyze, and interpret data in order to effectively drive production line performance.
- The PFLL must possess effective written and verbal communications skills in order to effectively lead production floor whiteboard meetings, accurately update the NORTH board on an hourly basis, dynamically calculate production goals and objectives, and coordinate communication between production floor associates and management to solve problems and address any resource constraints that may limit production line performance.
- The ability to draft reports, develop single point lessons, and publish written training material will be a core responsibility of the PFLL position.
Specific core responsibilities of the PFLL will include but will not be limited to:
- Responsible for accurately updating (on a hourly basis) the NORTH board metrics for the production line
- Responsible for inputting downtime data into CC+I in an accurate and timely manner (within 15 mins of downtime)
- Responsible for initiating and writing Maximo Work Orders for required maintenance department interventions on the line (work order documentation will be required to include the problem description and solution
- Ensure PFLL journal and all area journals are accurately updated and utilized for his/her shift.
- Ensure all CIP paperwork is accurately completed and signed off Ensure all EAST board area scans are completed at the start of the shift and that all issues are resolved and/or communicated for follow-up.
- Accountable for the accurate and timely execution of all SAP transactions on the production line.
- Responsible for the documentation of any rework produced on the production line for his/her shift.
- Responsible for maintaining all established Visual Management Routines on the production line.
- Ensure that all production line control charts (fill height, weights, etc) are updated and maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring effective execution of all established process Blue print and avenues of escalation for production.
- Accountable for the correct raw material usage (SKU and quantity) on the production line and for the identification, quarantining, and removal from the production line any defective raw material (corrugate, pre-forms, film, etc) to ensure no defective or sub-standard product is produced.
- Responsible for the collection and communication of all line associate MAD (Make a Difference) improvement ideas resulting from use of the Line Improvement Dropbox (LID).
- Responsible for the identification and systematic elimination (minimization) of production line waste streams (pre-form, raw material, etc)
- Responsible for communicating to the CI Team all video training opportunities and requirements for the line so specific training material can be developed and implemented on the production line.
Candidates for the PFLL position must have the following skills and proficiencies:
- Requirement to obtain the CI Certification as outlined in the Technical Operator Program Curriculum.
- Experienced and qualified for the assigned high speed, aseptic filling line with the exception of blending.
- Demonstrated capability to lead-by-example, inspire, and motivate associates within his/her span of control, and similar peer group
- Demonstrated experienced, and qualified to implement and maintain Lean production methodologies (including 5S, TPM, SMED, etc)
- Demonstrated ability, and qualified to facilitate team based problem solving on the production floor using the flip chart criteria and the 5 Whys methodology
- Demonstrated ability, and qualified to perform job breakdowns and document what, how, and why of each discrete step task
- Qualified in, and has demonstrated working knowledge of CI toolset (as contained in the Line Lead Binder LLB)
- Qualified and demonstrated ability to teach and facilitate the production floor use of each concept in the Line Lead Binder LLB to line associates
- Qualified and demonstrated technical expertise in operating and maintaining all machinery on their assigned high-speed aseptic and/or ESL Extended Shelf Life filler production line (with the exception of blending).
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Maximo, SAP, MS Office, and CC+I (data entry)
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.