Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
Director, Franchise Alignment & Operations
This role is accountable for the ongoing partnership with designated bottlers to drive all aspects of the Coca-Cola business. Key deliverables will be agreement to and execution of detailed annual business plans based on mutually agreed to company/bottler objectives as well as specific capability plans to enable a sustainable long term business model.
Ongoing Bottler Management
- Relationship & Contractual management:
- Manages all aspects of Bottler relationships with CCNA and serves as primary contact
- Ensures development of annual investment letter with Bottler agreements on Price-Package-Trade decisions
- Gains agreement to Customer Leadership Council SKU/pricing decisions and customer governance.
- Supports Alternate Route To Market process
- Gains agreement to Customer Trade Marketing
- Maintains business continuity
- Business Planning
- Ensures Market/Bottler business assessments are completed and incorporates assessment/opportunities into plans
- Builds and directs the development of an annual commercial plan & tactical objectives with Bottler
- Gains commitment to commercial plan components and resources needed to fully execute
- Business Plan and Stewardship
- In conjunction with Bottler, actively manages bottler P&L to achieve annual objectives
- Weekly/monthly performance management stewardship; Revenue, Gross Profit, Transactions, Incidence and Value Share
- Monitors performance versus execution objectives, re-plans as necessary and provides feedback to key stakeholders
- Supports and positions Bottlers transition over time to new Commercial programs and On Premise migration as needed
- People Management:
- Responsible for talent management of field Franchise team to improve capability and strengthen the overall talent pipeline
- Responsible for creating/sustaining a winning and inclusive culture by modeling inspirational leadership
- Commercial Alignment
- Drives alignment supporting annual Pillar Commercial programs
- Ensures Picture of Success is executed across all channels
- Drives adoption of new brands, packages in line with market segmentation and brand strategies
- Attains customer alignment per annual governance agreement to ensure customer priorities are executed
- Minimum Required: Bachelor's Degree
- MBA Preferred
- 10-12 years Coca-Cola System/direct bottler experience
- Understanding of franchise relations aspects of Coca-Cola North America system
- Cross functional working knowledge (customer, commercial, product supply, customer care, sales operations, etc.)
- Understanding of bottler operations
- Complex project management capability
- Direct accountability for franchise leadership with an Independent Bottler
- Experience and understanding of running the full value chain
- Full understanding of system and bottler economics including P&L
Specialized Technical Skills
- Deliver results
- Balance Immediate and long term priorities
- Develop & Inspire others
- Leads System Alignment
- Builds System Health
Years of Experience:No Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.