Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
The Manager, Local Connections is responsible for providing critical support across all local connections plans and media buys to ensure strongest investments and activation across all plans. This work is inclusive across brand connections plans as well as customer connections plans, and execution across key Strategic Partnership Marketing connections plans.
The role is responsible for support of the partnership with Connections team, Franchise Leadership and Strategic Partnership Marketing to enable the local extension of plans for maximum business value and ensuring investments are maximized and optimized for best results.
This person is able to link business strategy to communications objectives and translate the communication strategy into an optimal localized extension of the plan. This role also leads development, training and sell-in across connections plans and national to local investment approach across Franchise Leadership and key Bottling Partners.
He or She will lead the negotiations and full leverage of added value creation from the connections plans locally. Inclusive of: Broadcast, Print, Online, Radio, OOH, Mobile, Search, Social, etc. He or She will also be responsible for partnering with the Connections partner agencies across Local Media and Strategic Partnership Marketing connections plans and buying.
He or She will also be responsible supporting and assisting in development of a Local Connections team annual business plan, learning annually to drive future long-range recommendations and stewardship post review for prioritizing biggest opportunities for maximum return across the portfolio of brands and local media needs.
Function Specific Activities:
- Interprets business data to develop insightful solutions to business problems. Translates business objectives and priorities into strategic briefs that guide the agency's direction.
- Experienced in media planning and buying; management of investment strategy across online and offline channels, with focus on the local media landscape opportunity.
- Serve as the day-to-day management of plan deliverables to ensure assets and activations are delivered in full for all responsible connection plans.
- Actively participate, influence and on-going knowledge transfer in key Franchise Leadership and Bottling community planning routines.
- Bachelor's Degree
Related Work Experience:
- 5 or more years
- Strategic thinking, business acumen, marketing experience, worked in areas of communication beyond paid media (e.g. Brand Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communications, Public Relations, etc.), media planning and buying acumen.
- Solid strategic thinking and ideation
- Project management skills
- Connections planning and investment across paid and beyond touchpoints
- Superior Influencing Skills
- Adept data and analytics knowledge and application
- Strong Financial Acumen
Years of Experience:5-7 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.