Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
The Maintenance Manager provides leadership for the plant's maintenance organization and serves on the plant's leadership team. The Maintenance Manager is also responsible for managing and developing the maintenance team leads/supervisor and maintenance technicians; provides maintenance guidance and oversight for all plant associates.
Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
- Develop and/or maintain an effective TPM program (including repair, modification and installation of equipment) in order to improve production efficiency and ensure optimum machine time availability.
- Review plant production equipment environment (e.g., technology, systems, quality, cost, efficiencies, yield) in order to recommend process improvements.
- Synthesize data and identify problems through operational and financial analysis in order to improve operational and financial performance.
- Track maintenance schedules for trucks and/or equipment assets in order to ensure preventive maintenance is current.
- Record and analyze plant equipment performance data using design and performance specifications in order to ensure optimum machine reliability.
- Regularly inspect plant production support systems and equipment (e.g., HVAC, compressed air, refrigeration, production lines, process security, waste water treatment) in order to support effective plant operation.
- Evaluate suppliers (e.g., spare parts, ingredients, materials) using KO guidelines (e.g., price, service, delivery capabilities, capacity) in order to select optimal supplier.
- Measure the use of equipment spare parts by tracking spare parts transactions through use of a Maintenance Database Management tool in order to determine proper re-order points.
- Develop strategies for implementing The Coca-Cola Management System in order to ensure product quality and food safety as defined by Company requirements.
- Maintain and lead Maintenance and Calibration portion of the Management System.
- Develop process improvement initiatives (e.g., supplier business processes and practices) in order to benefit the KO system and suppliers by directing supply chain activities, involving external suppliers, functional peers, account teams and/or cross-functional teams.
- Provide direct reports with leadership, direction, and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills.
- Train and qualify Company associates to install or repair equipment according to Company guidelines in order to meet/exceed performance criteria and maximize business results.
- Maintain tools, equipment (e.g., plant equipment), and Company assets in good condition in order to ensure effective response to mechanical or technical problems. Provide technical assessment of equipment to determine what components should be repaired or replaced to maximize equipment performance.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 10 years of increasing levels of manager or supervisory roles of people & processes.
- Demonstrated ability to support a long term maintenance plan showing year over year improvement in Reliability, Maintenance KPIs and maintenance Cost.
- Working knowledge of the principles of manufacturing management.
- Working knowledge of specific supply chain capabilities, strategies and interdependencies.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvement.
- Working knowledge of national, state, and local regulatory requirements in the areas of food safety, safety, environment and emergency management.
- Working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Working knowledge of Maintenance Troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of Failure Analysis.
- Knowledge of the principles of change management within an engineering system. Includes the ability to use engineering change documentation and approval to manage supply of parts, maintenance, installation, removal and refurbishment to a base of existing equipment to minimize life and ownership costs.
- Ability to assess gaps in design and performance of equipment, design corrective actions, and make basic corrections and repairs. Includes the ability to work in field-based environment to oversee trouble-shooting, commissioning, repair, removal and improvement of equipment.
- Knowledge of warehouse/manufacturing layout or design elements (e.g., product flow, storage requirements) necessary for effective manufacturing or warehousing.
- Knowledge of equipment installation requirements (e.g., electrical power, water, drain, airflow, space requirements). Knowledge and application of dispensing equipment installation principles.
- Knowledge of analytical engineering tools including critical path problem solving and root cause analysis in order to determine design feasibility and identify variation from performance specifications.
- Knowledge of the non-manufacturing processes and systems that support the plant (e.g., electrical heat, HVAC, plumbing). Ability to diagnose problems with these systems and perform basic maintenance and repairs.
- ISO (22000, 9000, 14001, etc.) or other management system
- Lean, Six Sigma, 5S
- TPM Certification
- Continuous Improvement
- Maintenance Software
- Project Management
- Manage P&L; Spending Controls
- Parts Inventory Management
- Equipment Preventive Maintenance Management
JOB LOCATION AND WORK CONDITIONS: Work is performed in high-speed bottling, manufacturing, and warehouse environment. Work requires exposure to all temperature changes, high noise levels, working around moving equipment, tanks, heights, wet conditions, fumes, vibrations, dust, etc. Working hours must be flexible with the ability to work all shifts and extended hours as required.
EQUIPMENT: Personal protective equipment to include but not limited to steel-toed footwear, safety glasses, hearing protection and uniform requirements. Hoist, hand cart, hand tools, measuring instruments, equipment operations manuals. Cleaning equipment and chemicals.
- Train new associates
- Participate on Continuous Improvement Team
- Travel to vendor and other Company locations
- Delivering presentations
- Operate general office equipment, i.e., fax, copier, and supplies
Years of Experience:10+ Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.