Function Specific Activities:
A. JOB SUMMARY:
MENA BU has committed to create platforms and build capabilities today to drive the growth in the future. To this end, Future Portfolio Manager will be responsible for:
Lead creation of strategic vision and its alignment with Region and Country teams for the expanding the portfolio to high revenue, high profit categories in line with future trends and in partnership with internal business partners, customers, bottlers and suppliers to deliver sustainable revenue, volume, PBT growth for the BU.
Identify and lead the development of new growth platforms (with focus on product but also inclusive of selective packaging/ equipment initiatives) until launch phase
Lead BU Innovation Strategy and revamp processes in order to accelerate agility and improve capabilities. Be the single point of contact to Group R&D to co-develop innovation platforms
Lead Best Practice sharing cross regions but also from other BUs. Bring the ‘outside in' perspective via continuously monitoring new trends/ ingredients and beverages and partnering with innovation companies; flavour houses etc,.
Govern BU M&A agenda (excl. bottler refranchising initiatives) and lead cross region initiatives
The role is part of the BU Extended Leadership Team and therefore requires strong leadership and business acumen.
B. KEY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
% of Time
- Assess consumer opportunities and develop short and long range business plans for the portfolio (category, brand, channel, and customer) that are integrated, prioritized, executable in the marketplace, supported across the System which address consumer needs
- Lead BU innovation strategy across portfolio, identifying whitespaces and competitive opportunities and accelerating speed to market
- Lead identification and development of new growth platforms and provide ‘brand in a box' solutions to regions. Lead alignment process with region leadership teams and provide support throughout
- Govern Innovation process for BU across the BU portfolio including post launch analysis and continuous SKU optimization
- Lead Best Practice Sharing cross regions but also from other BUs. Bring the ‘outside in' perspective via continuously monitoring for new trends/ ingredients and beverages and partnering with innovation companies; flavour houses etc,.
2. Franchise Leadership and Stakeholder Management:
- Develop and maintain partnerships with internal (GMs, marketing, global, bottlers, technical) and external stakeholders (raw material ingredient suppliers, equipment, toll-fillers) align on strategy to ensure value for the System
- Provide thought leadership in ‘business models' for Stills and emerging businesses in partnership with regions
3. M&A Opportunities:
- Govern BU M&A agenda (excl. bottler refranchising initiatives) and lead cross region initiatives
8. People Leadership:
- Role model growth behaviors
D. COMMUNICATION COMPLEXITIES:
- This position will be responsible for developing platforms for regions and then influence the region leadership teams to prioritize and commit resources. Therefore, the person needs to understand operational realities and be able to communicate at an operational level as well strategic (a good balance is required)
- This role will interact with global/ group senior leadership teams to align on strategy and plan
- This role will represent MENA in innovation related platforms with third parties
The role is often faced with non-routine problems with different levels of urgency and complexity. Processes and solutions are very often not defined, nor typical and require newly developed and innovative approaches. Such approaches and solutions must consistently consider the rapid pace of change in the competitive environment. The role is responsible for developing new approaches to accelerating business and entry to new categories
Analysis elements include:
- Beverage landscape analysis
- Competitive insights, action and strategy analysis
- Understand value and volume drivers across categories, channels, geographies
- Priority setting within framework of responsibilities
- Business strategy development
- Alignment of system partner, strategic partners and KO priorities & timing
- Rapid execution of decisions through internal and system management processes & routines
- Capability & infrastructure analysis
- Supply to demand analysis and assessment of out of stock problems
- External environment impact analysis (regulatory environment, political stability, economic climate including impact of currency devaluation)
- Ability to manage cross functional team, virtual in a matrix organization
- Ability to lead complex M&A projects
- Ability to assess required approach to sell products, complex concepts, pipeline elements to internal team, system partners, manufacturers and customers
- Assessment of system value chains, P&L drivers and evaluation of risks & opportunities
- Assessment of productivity & efficiency drivers
F. JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING:
Full responsibility and accountability for the development and execution of business strategy & plans (SBP/ABP) for Future Portfolio Initiatives
Impact and influence on the BU's activity and framework through strategic and tactical inputs. Integral to BU overall performance and member of the BU leadership team. Has direct influence over key functions such as marketing, finance, operations & supply chain. Drive decisions within the company and the system on pack, price, innovation, analytical dimensions, channel, SKU complexity, etc.
Develop business models to accelerate business growth and to facilitate governance
Co-lead mergers and acquisitions of new stills beverages brands and new companies
G. INNOVATION: Indicate this job's responsibility for new processes, systems, or products.
The role will be responsible for preparing the business case and developing capabilities for new processes that will enable entry to new categories - through investment, partnership, M&A or tollfilling.
The role will also lead development of new brands and products, including marketing
new packaging, printing or equipment technologies.
The role will be responsible for creating new business models to enable entry to new, emerging categories which may require capabilities outside of the Bottling system.
The role will be responsible for leading the development of BU innovation strategy, implementing governance and accelerating speed to market
H. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Direct reports: none
I. QUALIFICATIONS / COMPENTENCIES / SKILLS:
Is this position a:
Leader of Self
Leader of Others
Leader of Leaders
- Solid strategic analysis and thinking skills able to build a sustainable business
- Ability to drive impact and influence: excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Decisive in uncertain and ambiguous situations
- Development of project objectives, plan, success criteria and metrics including management routines
- Strong understanding of full value chain in Coca-Cola or related business
- Innovative thinking
- Passion for entrepreneurship
- Team spirit, drive a positive culture
- Inspirational leadership, Change agent and role model
- Ability to flexible act on change situations, influence a business to grow and win
J. RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS:
10+ years work experience (KO System & Industry experience)
External Relationship Management
Business Valuation and determining Financial Impact
K. EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Level of Certificate
10 No Degree
11 High School
12 Intermediate Certificate / Associate Degree
13 University/Bachelor's degree
14 University/Advanced degree
15 Postgraduate/Master's degree
L. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
MBA / Post Graduate preferred
M. CULTURAL DIVERSITY:
- Must manage & work effectively in a complex highly matrixed, multi-cultural organization and environment requiring high levels of collaboration.
- Must work effectively with people from diverse cultures. Multiple ethnic and cultural exposure both internally and externally.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Must have ability to convince and win the system to go with new ideas and go into new businesses
N. WORKING CONDITIONS:
O. TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
P. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
This role is a potential feeder role to any of the RMM roles in addition to advancing within the S&I function
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.