Position Overview:The brand director is expected to lead the Emerging Categories within its brand team to develop campaigns/categories in a very independent manner while seeking collaboration opportunities with Global and other network markets.
Function Specific Activities:
This critical position will assist Marketing Director to focus on the following three core areas consistently to build long term sustainable growth in Taiwan.
BUILD THE BUSINESS
- To build and deliver Emerging Beverages Volume, NSR, Profit and Share objectives. This consists of building and assessing potential categories in Taiwan such as Hydration, coffee, VAD within chilled or non-chilled segmented accounting for over 68 million NT or USD 2.2 million in Retail Value interfacing with our bottler partners.
- This role will require this person to interface on a daily basis with Bottler's leadership team, as commercial and channel marketing team and regular basis with Sales and Marketing Director.
BUILD OUR BRANDS
- To thoroughly understand our brands and how consumers relate to them so as to maximize their long and short-term value with an overall objective to strengthen their brand equity and profitability. This requires daily management of the portfolio consisting of core brands Schweppes, Aquarius, and any other that will be launched such as Glaceau/Dasani, Georgia, Ades,…) across potential categories (Hydration, Coffee, VAD, Wellness,…). The complexity of this role is enhanced given the rapid changing consumer and operational dynamics in highly developed market Taiwan and there is a strong need for a unique marketing approach driven independently. A sound communication skill is required for effective communication with strong influencing power.
BUILD OUR PEOPLE
- Assist Marketing Director to develop Emerging Beverages Team by building strong marketing and cross functional capabilities by regularly reviewing performance, setting clear objectives, identifying training requirements in order to maximize the individual's development and delivery of value to the Company.
Marketing Leadership Responsibility and Innovation support
Build the company's Emerging Beverage leadership position through the development of a brand/portfolio strategy and lead the brand teams to develop individual brand plans which are effective in delivering the portfolio's volume, revenue, profit and share objectives as well as building brand equity within a specific period. Play a lead role in working with bottlers to ensure continuous alignment on areas of the business which will generate the greatest system profit. A holistic understanding of marketing and other aspects of the business including customer management, value chain analyses, pricing, finance, technical and manufacturing will be required to perform this role successfully. (30%)
Across the Emerging Beverages portfolio lead the advertising agency and brand team to think strategically and focus on developing high quality and breakthrough advertising and consumer campaigns which truly leverages on superior consumer insights. Develop a strong network within the marketing community for effective importation and exportation of best practices. (20%)
Championed with the responsibility of profitably expanding into new beverage categories through conceptualization and commercialization of unique brand propositions. Consistently challenge market leaders in emerging categories by effective brand growth strategies.
For new brands, lead the entire new brand conceptualization process from opportunity identification to the development and qualification of new brand positioning, packaging graphics, product formulations, and business systems/financials. Lead the identification and refinement of relevant new product or package propositions to be executed in the marketplace. Lead product formulation and package development work through R&D, SRA, legal and technical functions. Work with Consumer Insights team to refine and optimize product formulations, packaging and positioning and communications developmental work. Manage and analyze commercial related financial activities together with finance and commercial teams including value chain development, retail pricing and margin analysis, detailed product and business system costing, new equipment capital estimates and IRR, payback and NPV analysis. (20%)
Support Innovation process across Taiwan Market for all key products and innovation including imports, coordinating and collaborating closely with HKTW innovation team, Marketing director, commercial leadership, technical and bottler. (10%)
Provide continuous team leadership to each direct report (2) as build their capabilities. Continuously review their performance through the setting of formal performance objectives and evaluating their performance against these objectives. (20%)
- Empowered - Act like an owner
- Drive Innovation - v1.0, 2.0, 3.0
- Develop self and others
- Inspire others
- Collaboration with the system, customers and key stakeholders
- Strong skills in marketing and operations
- Planning strategically
- Communication skill (delivers messages with passion and impact)
- Innovative thinking
- Financial skill
- Team leadership / performance evaluation / training & development
- Motivational ability
- Business acumen
- Influencing skill / Negotiation skill
Knowledge & Experience:
- At least 12 years+ experience in FMCG. The person will be required to have spent time across a number of different functional areas so as to be well equipped with strong skills in marketing, research, operations and finance. A strong motivation and drive to achieve business result.
Education & Professional Qualification:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related discipline, MBA is preferable
Years of Experience:10+ Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.