Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
• Highly competitive Pay
• 401K (with company match program) and Pension
• Great benefits (medical, dental…etc.), with health incentive program
• 12 paid holidays per year
• Personal day program
• Great company culture
• Excellent working conditions and job security
Coca-Cola seeks a Blender to support quality engineers in semi-standard processes to ensure compliance with standards; works with QA engineers and manufacturing staff to ensure inspection and testing procedures are implemented and maintained; assists in the development of standards to meet quality specifications and recommends changes to basic procedures. Individual contributor that works under limited supervision; applies subject matter knowledge; requires capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge.
Function Specific Activities:
The Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Comply with all standard safety practices, safety rules, GMP, GLP and all Carrels and policies. Report and/or correct safety issues. Maintain proper safety conditions of equipment and surroundings. Ensure that all security procedures are followed.
- Ability to blend quality juice product within formula specification and accurately complete all associated documentation.
- The ability to mathematically calculate batch adjustments and assist in performing adjustments when necessary.
- Operate and troubleshoot all blending equipment and laboratory instruments.
- Maintain equipment and area cleanliness to ensure compliance with all GMP standards. The Utility Blender must ensure cleaning and sanitation requirements meet Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and internal standards. Ensure sanitation records are accurate and complete
- Perform the general responsibilities as a Blender and Quality Technician. In addition, the Utility Blender will assist blenders and technicians in troubleshooting and decision making.
- Perform quality inspections on ingredients, batches and finished product. If out-of-specification conditions are observed, notify responsible personnel and assist in resolution as appropriate. Follow procedures for Isolating hold product or defective material.
- Work directly with maintenance personnel, line personnel and management to problem-solve to ensure maximum production efficiencies.
- Read, write, speak and understand instructions given in English. Ability to move materials weighing up to 50 pounds distances of 10 feet or more. Ability to work 12 hour shifts or other work schedules as determined by business need, including overtime as required. Mobility to all areas of the facility including working at heights of up to 30 feet. Able to sustain repetitious physical demands.
- Participation in pre-shift meetings, team assignments, audit programs and corrective action programs and processes.
- Ensure complete and accurate documentation of all activities during the shift including blending conditions, quality inspections, cleaning information and SAP movements.
- Demonstrated computer aptitude using Office, SAP, SPC, EtQ and all CCNA electronic recordkeeping databases, complete and accurate documentation in all Quality records and databases.
- Satisfactorily complete all training requirements listed in the Blender and QA Technician JQM's.
- Comprehension of Laboratory procedures, methods of analysis and reporting formats as demonstrated by successful practice.
- Capable of adapting to and successfully performing in a changing environment.
Minimum Job Requirements?
- Education - Associates Degree (technical degree preferred)
- At least 2 years' experience required
- Business Etiquette: Ability to communicate with others, via telephone or in person, in a professional and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport. This includes the ability to understand, be diplomatic and tactful, demonstrate appropriate behavior in social situations and maintain composure in negative circumstances in order to achieve results.
- Database and System Knowledge: The knowledge and skills required to access and collect data accompany-approved databases or the Internet. This includes the ability to complete electronic forms, produce accurate reports, conduct investigative research, explain data and communicate results. This includes maintaining current knowledge and keeping up with new releases.
- Knowledge of and ability to proactively recognize and report safety issues or incidences and maintain a clean, safe work environment (e.g., customer safety, keeping work aisles clear, sanitary health practices, proper placement of tools and equipment, etc.) demonstrated knowledge of process flow and processing activity from ingredient inlet of blend tank to product discharge of Pasteurizer or ESL tank.
*RELOCATION ASSISTANCE WILL NOT BE PROVIDED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
*APPLY BY UPLOADING AN UPDATED COPY OF YOUR RESUME IN WORD.DOC OR PDF FORMAT
APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
Years of Experience:2-3 Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.