Position Overview:It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
*** This role can sit virtually, with the knowledge that there is ~50% travel ***
Job Description Summary
The Coca-Cola Company, through its strategic priorities, is focusing on being with a Clicks Reach of Desire and through the mini-startup that is eCommerce, the business development team is seeking a leader who has a passion for business development and customer engagement. Combined with excellent customer management and communication skills (oral and written) and an entrepreneurial mindset, this individual will demonstrate excellent project management skills and the ability to lead others and work across the organization to drive action and results. Through an Omni-channel lens, she/he will interact with both startups and retail customers, serving as a direct call point and play a consultant role where applicable with National Retail Sales.
Reporting to the Director of eCommerce Business Development/Omni-channel, he/she will be accountable for deploying the company's strategy of value creation to support the National Retail Sales organization, the eCom Center of Excellence while delivering on results to support the strategic roadmap.
The Business Development Manager will be an empowered leader in three areas:
Lead and champion eCommerce capabilities across our National Retail Sales organization to encourage acceptance and support alignment to advance customer relationships, create value and explore test and learn activities
- Identify, engage and participate with National Retail Sales to drive eCom capabilities to maximize our retailers' growth while creating value for the Coca-Cola Company
- Work with the Director of eCom Sales in serving as a COE for eCommerce readiness by developing resource guides, custom materials and training for sales teams and their customers
- Commercialize key strategic initiatives and tools to influence and embed eCommerce into Collaborative Business Plans accelerating adoption and execution
- Develop, lead and maintain an eCom NRS Ambassador SME process/program across NRS to broaden system capabilities and insight, creating key stakeholders who can lead and leverage opportunities within teams and regions
- Create and maintain partnerships with NRS leaders to become an indispensable partner with our Retail customers
2) Identify and drive new business opportunities with nontraditional eRetail concepts and rising stars, while also prospecting new business opportunities with emerging eRetailers, so we can capitalize on these new formats and the occasions they serve with a commercial lens
- Develop strategies and tactics to increase eCommerce sales with retailers, leveraging retailer capabilities
- Provide leadership on key initiatives that help retailers meet their eCommerce goals and aspirations
- Interface with Strategy, Data & Insights, Category Advisory, RGM, Capabilities and other relevant teams to ensure support of the eCom priorities and strategy
3) Manage and coordinate the commercial sales of our entire beverage portfolio across current eRetailers and new emerging/rising stars (e.g. Pure Play, Meal Kits, Lodging)
- Lead the implementation of the company's eCom OBPPC (assortment and innovation) strategy to optimize assortment and profitability across retailers.
- Interface with the shopper marketing, strategy and capabilities to understand what new initiatives and offerings need to be activated in the eCommerce landscape
- Watch industry trends to pinpoint new directions and ideas.
- Work jointly with Revenue Management to ensure coherence and profitability
- Leverage multi-functional support team to manage the operational selling relationship with customers including forecasting, promotion planning, inventory management, and business reporting
o Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field required or MBA
o 7 or more years of relevant experience required to Experience managing agencies and cross-functional teams required o Preferred experience - HQ Sales, eCommerce, Shopper Marketing, New Business, Strategy, Bottler Alignment capability and/or Innovation
o Communicates Effectively: This position will need to be adept in asking the right questions to cross-functional partners and customers to develop actionable solutions.
o Develops & Inspires Diverse & High-Performing Teams: Management of cross-functional teams and agencies is a key component of this position.
o Imports & Exports Ideas that Drive Change: Uncovering new business opportunities is a key tenet of this position. Curiosity and tenacity are a must.
o Delivers Results: Highly advanced project management skills are required. This position will be responsible for implementing changes with our customers and customer teams - both with their presentation of our products and with their knowledge base. Innovation stewardship will also require team management and attention to metrics.
o Strategic Account Management
o New Business/Partnership strategy
o Interpersonal, Customer collaboration - develop strong relationships with key personnel - across multiple eRetailer customers
o Strong project management
o Innovation - ability to identify and develop ideas around initiatives, packaging, programming, marketing
o Data Analysis/interpretation - ability to convert general data and findings into applied insights to influence and gain alignment o eCommerce experience and/or Digital mindset/experience
Job Requirements:Work with the Director of eCom Business Development in service as a COE for eCommerce readiness across NRS and other relevant areas of the business
Identify, engage and participate with NRS to drive eCom capabilities to maximize our retailers' growth while creating value for the Coca-Cola Company
Create and maintain partnerships with NRS leaders to become an indispensable partner with our Retail customers
Commercialize key strategic initiatives and tools in order to influence and embed eCommerce into Collaborative Business Plans accelerating adoption and execution
Manage and coordinate the commerce sales call across our entire beverage portfolio for eCommerce customers current (e.g. Boxed.com), targeted and onboarded through business development
Develop, lead and maintain an eCom NRS Ambassador SME process/program across NRS to broaden system capabilities and insight, creating key stakeholders who can lead and leverage opportunities within teams and regions
Identify and prospect new business opportunities with non-traditional eRetail concepts across a variety of segments that may represent a commercial opportunity or strengthen the position of The Coca-Cola Company within the marketplace
Champion eCommerce and business development throughout the company to encourage acceptance, support and participation for eCom customers, initiatives and activities
Interface with Strategy, Data & Insights, Category Advisory, RGM, Capabilities and other relevant teams to ensure support of the eCom priorities and strategy
Years of Experience:5-7 Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.