Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
The Industrial Maintenance Technician I is responsible for ensuring that all equipment throughout the industrial plant(s) is operating safely and at peak efficiency. This includes all blow molding equipment, product preparation systems, packaging lines / conveyors and related hardware. The Industrial Maintenance Technician I will ensure compliance with all GMP's (Good Manufacturing Practices) and safety standards. Will work closely with Industrial Maintenance Technicians III's in the maintenance department on work requests, PM's or projects in the plant. Available 24 hours a day for problematic troubleshooting situations. Complete all task assigned by maintenance team leader and maintenance manager.
Administrative Responsibilities: This position is expected to respond to all work requests and accurately track all related maintenance documentation using CMMS software. The IMT I provides accurate tracking of all parts used and related expenses associated with maintenance work requests, PM's and projects. Keep all work areas clean and neat.
Technical Responsibilities: The IMT I must support all mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic needs for the industrial operation. Ensure all blow molding and packaging equipment is operating effectively and that conveyors and related equipment operate safely and efficiently. Ability to work with CMMS software with respect to work orders, PM's, and parts inventory/locations. The IMT I must have the ability to operate fork lifts and man lifts safely and effective.
Organizational Relationships: This position reports directly to the Maintenance Team Leader, but requires strong working relationships with all maintenance team members, production personnel.
Administrative Skills: This position requires good communication skills, problem solving skills, time management skills and decision making skills. The willingness to be flexible with working hours is a must. Ability to perform work tasks with minimal assistance and supervision.
Technical Skills: Solid mechanical background is required with knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, plumbing, welding, fabrication and multi-meter functionally. The ability to observe and learn from IMT III's and quickly apply those skills learned. The ability to read blue prints, wiring diagrams and schematics. The ability to troubleshoot equipment and capable of PLC, I/O identification, and basic PID loops. Requires the ability to operate the CMMS system.
Educational and/or Experience Requirements: High School Diploma required, however an associate degree, technical school, etc are preferred. Minimum of six months as an Industrial Maintenance Technician I in the maintenance department.
Physical Requirements: Requires the ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally, work at heights and in confined spaces. Prolonged standing, bending, sitting and squatting are required for the basic nature of this job.
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.