Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Operate and maintain plant facility equipment including boilers, refrigeration (anhydrous ammonia), water filtration, air compressors, electrical systems, piping systems, and hydraulics. Direct and track contractor needs and activities as directed by management. Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of Quality, Service, and Cost objectives. Comply with all standard operating procedures and requirements under TCCC Quality System, and with all regulations (local to federal).
Function Specific Activities:
3-2-2-3 Shift Schedule - Day Shift, 7:00 AM - 7:30 PM
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma/GED equivalency and pass the plant employment exams.
- Must have 5 years industrial plant maintenance experience in Anhydrous Ammonia and HVAC or refrigeration and possess certification as a Level II Ammonia Refrigeration RETA or CIRO (Certified Industrial Refrigeration Operator) or higher. (Other nationally recognized certifications will be considered.)
- Preferred also have maintenance experience in boilers, air compressors (up to 600 PSI), wastewater treatment, water purification (prefer nano or RO filtration), electrical systems (up to 460 V), piping systems, and hydraulics.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to recognize defective parts and to distinguish machine sounds, to detect potential mechanical issues.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds, to work on elevated surfaces and work in extreme temperatures and noise levels.
- Ability to pass an annual physical and respiratory test.
- Basic understanding of programmable logic controllers (PLC's) and troubleshooting PLC controlled systems.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand instructions given in English.
- Ability to work eight-hour shifts, 12 hour shifts, day or night shift, or other work schedules as determined by business need, including overtime as required.
- Required to work holidays and plant shutdowns.
- Maintain, operate and troubleshoot plant ammonia refrigeration systems in a safe manor
- Maintain, operate and troubleshoot plant boiler, condensate returns and steam distribution systems
- Maintain, operate and troubleshoot plant water treatment system to include nano- and RO filtered systems
- Maintain, operate and troubleshoot plant compressed air systems up to and including 600 psi
- Maintain, operate and troubleshoot plant HVAC, exhaust and make-up air units
- Maintain, operate and troubleshoot plant fire protection systems
- Restore plant utilities, to include up to 460 VAC power distribution systems, after power outages
- Be an active member of the Hazardous Chemical Response Team
- Use computer and associated software to operate plant utility equipment
- Support Process Safety Management (PSM) program
- Utilize plant Computerized maintenance management system to document work orders, equipment history, document personal labor hours, etc.
- Work is performed in a manufacturing plant.
- Work involves exposure to temperature extremes, high noise levels, wetness, heights, dust, moving equipment, vibrations and vapors.
- Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to safety glasses, steel-toed shoes and hearing protection.
- Full Facepiece Air Purifying Respirator (APR) with cartridge and/or canister.
- Supplied Air Respirator (Airline with helmet and full facepiece pressure-demand or continuous flow).
- Computer and associated software. MSDS sheets, hand tools, measuring instruments, power tools, fire extinguisher and lockout devices.
- Confined space equipment.
- Company truck.
- Travel to other locations.
- Develop and train peers and new facilities maintenance associates in current and new technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Explain and demonstrate job tasks to visitors.
- Operate forklift and Genie boom.
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.