Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
To properly clean, fill, seal and label beverage containers on various production lines for shipment. To ensure quality, weight and labeling of product containers. To load/unload packaged goods, raw materials and concentrates onto trailers. To blend and manufacture finished product from raw materials. To perform job responsibilities in compliance with Company, State and Federal regulatory agency requirements.
Function Specific Activities:
1st Shift: Monday-Friday; 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Production Technicians responsibilities include:
- Set up production lines.
- Load/unload, wash, fill, seal and label containers/packaging.
- Continuously inspect packages and containers.
- Oversee the quality, weight and labeling of product containers.
- Drive forklift and operate various lines/functions on line as required.
- Perform computer transactions (packaging functions in SAP).
- Lift and stack heavy boxes
- Transport containers, pails and boxes, as well as contents in containers, pails and boxes
- Perform inventory cycle counts of finished product and raw materials.
- Perform sanitation/cleaning as required and needed.
- Mixing responsibilities include:
- Accurate weighing/inspection of ingredients
- Monitor mixing systems.
- Administration of process verification/production information, sanitation of mixing tanks/processes, adjustments of batches as required and general knowledge of all process equipment used in production.
- Transfer syrup to bulk tankers.
- Drive forklift.
- Rotate inventory (FIFO) to minimize shelf life issues.
- Prioritize mixing schedule for production and operational efficiency.
Shipping responsibilities include:
- Route all outgoing shipments through various means of transportation following standard procedures.
- Prioritize workload and expedites as required to ensure on time delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Insure that loads are properly secured in accordance with DOT and Company requirements.
- Monitor inventory of shipping supplies and notifies supervisor when reorder is required.
- Perform computer transactions (shipping functions in SAP).
- Operates fork truck, door plate and other equipment in shipping area as required.
- Continuously monitors the process, ensuring that products are distributed in a timely manner.
- Fills in at various positions when needed.
- Works closely with production line operators to ensure product availability.
- Complete necessary bills of lading or air bills.
- Fills in on any lines and tasks when needed
- Handle all other administrative details for receipt, shipment and replenishment of product and materials.
- All positions require ability to focus, handle stress, and work well in team based environment, as well as individual accountability.
- Must be able to work in hot and humid environment. All positions may involve tasks that may require standing for long periods of time, and may include repetitive tasks.
Years of Experience:1-2 Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.