Position Overview:Our company is going through a transformation with increasing focus on becoming a full beverage
company. Expanding our portfolio faster will be a critical element and you have a chance to play a role in
this important transformation for Western Europe
• Offers you to work on new innovative products and segments that drive our business forward.
• Offers you to be creative, delivering strong communication platforms supporting our brands
• Offers you the opportunity to be part of an energetic team with a “can do, will do” mentality
• Offers you to grow both, personally and professionally
• Is up to you
Your main task is to drive profitable growth for the Hydration segment, which is one of the key growth
drivers going forward. This position requires strong marketing and communication skills, translating
compelling insights into activation, that will position our brands uniquely and drive sustainable business
The role will lead and ensure an optimal implementation and amplification of the identified
opportunities in close collaboration with a cross functional/cross system unit.
You will be a part of a small nimble team with a different way of thinking and a quick way of adapting
Function Specific Activities:
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU?
You will support the growth agenda for Hydration, concepts/platforms and identify suitable business models to make them successful
- Track existing and emerging trends: Analyze implications for the beverage landscape and identify opportunities to meet future consumer demands
- Develop a thorough understanding of the local consumer and competitive environment. Track competitor's activities and performances. Identify opportunities and gaps to scale across Western Europe for Hydration
- Drive capabilities to win by importing best practices from other territories, external successes, robust understanding of competition strengths, influence his/her community to adopt a challenger approach.
- Collaborate with Global community and local BU marketing teams to understand successful/winning concepts and import/scale best practices
- Build strong BU Marketing Plans for brands in the hydration portfolio, amplification strategy with agencies & cross-function teams (media, asset, experiential, digital, PAC)
- Emotionalize: perfect the proposition/brand edge. Develop/ adapt the according VIS. Ensure development of all necessary marketing activities/ IMC, PR-programs, packaging, sell-in-stories, training, POP-material. Work in close conjunction with agency partners, internal experts and the relevant bottling functions.
- Leverage partnerships (+ negotiate new partners when necessary) to enlarge impact of the brand highlights while optimizing efficiency
- Collaborate with franchises within the business unit to capture local input (consumer, category trends, competition landscape, retail landscape, shoppers, local regulations)
- Engage with our bottling partner to ensure execution excellence in points of sales
- Lead projects to ensure on-time delivery in local markets
- Drive system profitability by driving the relevant allocation of our resources
- Measure, evaluate our plans & activities (commercial and marketing, ROI…), extract & recommend key success factors & share key learnings to enhance both the effectiveness and efficiencies of future programs and be fact based in decisions.
- Be an integral part of the Stills team, bringing new innovative ideas & methods to the group.
FINANCIAL/ JOB SCOPE
This role will as part of the Still Beverages team.
Western Europe (WEBU): 13 markets, 9 languages, 3 bottlers - CCEP, Carlsberg and CCH
SALARY PACKAGE: Competitive
ORGANIZATION IMPACT/ INFLUENCE
- BU marketing leadership
- BU IMC team
- Operation managers in local Franchise & Operations teams
- BU K&I and system Finance team
- BU legal and SRA
- BU Commercial
- Global marketing community (Best practices / Knowledge sharing)
- Agencies (EUG and local)
- CCEP (Coca-Cola European Partners) / Bottler: Supply Chain, production
No direct reports / Leader of self
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Great Project Management skills
- Knowledge of and a passion for building brands
- Digital flair is a plus
- Strong communicator at all levels of the organization
- Networking & influencing skills (matrix organisation)
- Distil complex opportunities into compelling business cases.
- Ability to define consumer insight & translate into strategy & plans
- Pursue innovation and change with a mind-set of continuous improvement.
- Creative mind set & entrepreneurial approach
- Minimum BA required
- 5+ years' experience in the field of FMCG Marketing & business management Role
- Language: English - preferred to know other languages.
- Culture: Comfortable working with and influencing different cultures and different functions
This position will face 3 major challenges to further drive the business:
- Identify Market opportunities based on an entrepreneurial mind-set and Can-do / will do attitude.
- Balance thorough analysis with speed to market
- Act in a complex, demanding environment with diverse stakeholders & opinions
JUDGEMENT AND DECISION MAKING
- Accountability for the development and implementation of new innovations/growth and communication platforms
- Profound decision making - following through the Stills agenda and principles (identifying and implementing high profitable NSR opportunities)
- Lead cross-functional system teams including commercial, finance, technical & bottler functions
- Prioritization of initiatives against work that matters most
Ability to work virtual & cross-functional
Approx. 20-30% mainly within WEBU (Western Europe)
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.