Position Overview:Purpose of this job is to assure compliance with company's policies through periodic reviews of controls in place and implement new processes and routines to reflect new SPP or changes in US GAAP.
Additionally, this position provides consultation services to CFO and BU associates for all issues related to U.S. Accounting Standard, Control & Compliance, and process improvement, such as new revenue recognition accounting rules, new business activities which require understanding of proper accounting, and new controls as a consequence of new AICs
This position is also responsible for leading bottler audit, agency audit and annual internal audit.
Function Specific Activities:
Key Responsibility Areas:
1. Internal Control Hot-Line:
Provide U.S. Accounting Standard consultation, Control & Compliance consultation, and process improvement consultation to CFO and BU associates
2. CAD Audit Management:
Being a single point of contact for CAD audit and manage CAD audit smoothly with minimal issues. In addition, being responsible for implementing management action plans for all identified issues.
3. Bottler Audit Management:
Lead bottler audit for validation of revenues, DME and capital support, and discuss audit findings and negotiate cash refunding with bottlers
4. Internal controls review:
Perform periodic internal control review to identify potential risks and implement remediation plans for the identified risks
5. Agency Audit Management:
Lead agency audit for Japan BU and negotiate management action plan with agencies to solve audit issues
6. Information Protection Audit Management:
Lead Information Protection Audit for Japan BU and ensure management action plan for audit identification is timely executed
Supervisory Responsibilities: (the number of direct reports)
Two contract workers
Core Competency: (core competencies needed to successfully perform this job)
- Act Like an Owner
- Inspire Others
- Develop Self & Others
- Drive Innovative business improvements
- Understand US accounting standard and TCCC's finance policy
- Open-minded to understand the accounting standards and the policies for creating new solution
Other skills and knowledge:
- Client service mindset and communication skills
Related Job Requirements/Qualifications:
Related work experience:
- 5 + year financial accounting experience with deep understanding of US GAAP
- 5-10 year approx. full-time working experience required
- Excellent leadership skill required
- Effective communicator with excellent presentation skills and ability to transform numbers into insightful financial information
- Excellent project management skills
Fluent in both Japanese and English
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree or University with preference Finance and or Accounting major
- U.S. CPA or equivalent
- External audit firm work experience or CAD experience
- Experience in bilingual environment is plus
Travel Requirements: Annual percent of time that the job requires overnight travel or day trips.
Visit 4 bottlers a year for audit.
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.