Position Overview:The Brand Manager - Powerade is responsible for leading the strategy, business creation, and overall direction of the Powerade brand within the dynamic sports hydration category in Canada. This is accomplished by creating brand growth strategies and the long term business plan while translating those into actionable annual brand plans. This includes Strategy Creation, Brand Planning, Marketing Communications, Innovation, Commercial Strategy, and Research, as required.
Implements a marketing/sales strategy for one or more of the organization's more complex or strategically significant products/services to meet established sales or market share targets; conducts market research; monitors and analyzes product performance, market trends, consumer behavior etc.; prepares sales forecast; monitors sales volume, revenues and costs against forecasts; oversees product development and design. Individual contributor with comprehensive knowledge in specific area; ability to execute highly complex or specialized projects.
Function Specific Activities:
- Establish brand growth strategies and develop the long term business plan and for the Powerade business.
- Craft the annual Business/Brand Plan and establish prioritized sources of growth building blocks to achieve the plan
- Monitor the brand and competitive environment, routinely provide performance updates to leadership and stakeholders, and proactively recommend changes in direction as required
- Lead the development and execution of the OBPPC strategy and innovation pipeline that creates system value and delivers against brand strategies
- Works with cross-functional team to commercialize product and packaging launches, leading the creation of the project charter, packaging artwork, consumer research, R&D formulation and internal/global approvals and materials to support the launch (i.e., mocks-up/ sales samples)
- Work closely with the Commercial team to identify commercial opportunities to grow the base business and to support new products and packages
- Collaborate with system partners (Channel, PAC, K&I, Finance, SRA, Legal, etc.) to ensure ongoing brand engagement and identify opportunities to achieve business goals and/or close gaps
- Adapt the global/US BVA based on a deep understanding of our Canadian consumers
- Translate the brand's business strategies into compelling agency briefs
- Work with IMC team to develop, execute and track a Marketing Communications plan that delivers to the brand's goals, objectives, and strategies.
- Work with K&I to execute routine and ad-hoc research projects, and measure effectiveness of in-market marketing plan activities. Proactively recommend change in direction as required.
- Manage the brand DME budget to deliver against financial targets, accounting principles, process guidelines, and P3 guidelines & goals
- Foster US and global brand relationships
- 5-7 Years related marketing experience, CPG experience preferred
- Solid analytical skills
- Expertise in strategy development
- Expertise in innovation development
- Experience managing creative agencies
- Strong project management skills from idea through to execution
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Knowledge of DNA a plus
Coca-Cola Limited is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have a number of programs and policies in place to support this goal. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact our HR Shared Service team by calling 1-877-677-6774. Coca-Cola Limited will consult with all applicants with a disability who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicants individual accessibility needs.
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.