Job Description Summary
Leads Diversity and Inclusion for The Coca-Cola Company's U.S. Corporate and North American business unit and collaborates on global D&I strategy as a leader in the Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Workplace Fairness Center of Expertise. This position is responsible for leading the design and execution of the Diversity and Inclusion strategy for Coca-Cola North America and Coca-Cola's Corporate Functions providing services, solutions and connections to enable a more engaged workforce, mirror the markets we serve, and best position the associates of Coca-Cola's flagship market to drive growth.
This role is responsible for leadership and management of: all diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives in North America, Multicultural Leadership Council and Millennial Voices, 8 Business Resource Groups and their field chapters (including African American, Asian, Hispanic, LGBTA, Military Veterans, Women, Generations, and People with Disabilities), Stand As One platform, diversity metrics, insights, surveys, pledges/sign-on statements, consulting with internal and external customers and partners, building D&I capability internally and with U.S. bottlers, and diversity and inclusion culture and communications for all U.S. Corporate and North America business unit associates, people leaders, executives, and the board of directors.
This role consults with HR Business Partners to build diversity and inclusion capability and activate the North America diversity and inclusion strategy within each CCNA and Corporate group and function. This role collaborates with workplace, marketplace, community, and customer/supplier partners as well as internal and external stakeholders to activate Coca-Cola's Global Diversity & Inclusion framework across North America.
Function Specific Activities:
Build a Culture of Inclusion
Lead, inspire, and facilitate teams that foster a culture of Inclusion at Coca-Cola
Lead the governance and management of Coca-Cola's Business Resource Groups (Currently: 8 BRGs + chapters, 7,000+ members, ~$200K budget; BRGs are charged with being a resource to the business and a catalyst for the culture) Facilitate the governance of Coca-Cola's Multicultural Leadership Council (Currently: Chair and Co-Chair + 13 senior leaders charged with advising executive leaders on accelerating Multicultural talent within Coca-Cola's North American Business) Promote a Culture of Inclusion through communication and engagement, leveraging Coca-Cola's Stand as One Platform Provide inspirational leadership and invest in the performance, careers, development and well-being of 1 Direct Report, 8 BRG Presidents, 2 MLC Chairs, 13 MLC members, and their extended teams and matrixed partners
Consult on D&I Strategy & Capability Building
Consult with internal and external partners, customers and bottlers on building and aligning Diversity & Inclusion Strategy and building Diversity & Inclusion capability in their respective organizations, spanning workplace, marketplace, community and partners
1. Internal D&I Consulting & Capability building with North America and Corporate HR Teams and D&I Partners
2. External D&I Consulting & Capability building with Customers, Bottlers, and Partners
Provide Diversity & Inclusion Insights and Analytics
Leverage data to drive leader accountability and increase diverse talent mix within Coca-Cola
1. Manage People Scorecard (D&I Components) and D&I Dashboard, including stakeholder adoption, benchmarking enhancements, and continuous improvements
2. Provide strategic insights on trends in D&I data, and collaborate with partners to test, assess, and take action on key findings
3. Communicate D&I goals and objectives at all levels of the organization: from Board of Directors through Associates
4. Provide strategic direction on external D&I survey participation and related benchmarking efforts. Import and export best practices.
• 10+ years of relevant experience
• Leader with demonstrated experience leading transformative change in a Large, Complex, Matrixed, Global Company
• Ability to leverages D&I as a key enabler of innovation, engagement and business growth
• An Expert in the space of D&I, with a broader set of experiences as well, i.e. Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, HRBP, Change Leadership, OD, Communications (internal/external) and/or Public Affairs
• Comfort working in a highly collaborative culture, requiring high influence skills without direct resources/authority
Bachelors degree is required
• Visionary & Strategic Thinker: can envision and create a better future
• Inspirational Leader: ability to inspire and engage leaders and associates
• Change Management: ability to affect organizational change, with others, in the right way
• Cultural Competence & Agility: understand & appreciate cultural differences and bring insights to inspire and engage people in solving complex problems
• Stakeholder Management: proactively create and maintain strategic relationships
• Team Leader: drive for results through small team of experts and extended teams across HR and the Business
• Collaborative: creates an effective team environment
• Adapts positively to Stressful Situations: takes initiative to manage conflict, flexible and resilient and recovers quickly front setbacks
• Trusted Advisor: visible and available to others, with the ability to build and maintain trust and respect
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.