Position Overview:Retail Ambassadors serve as Brand Ambassadors for The Coca-Cola Company by providing impeccable guest service and salesmanship to Company employees and guests of The Coca-Cola Company. The primary function of the Retail Ambassador role is to assist in driving store revenue through a variety of tasks. Retail Ambassadors are the first point of contact for guests and play a critical role in establishing and sustaining an environment where guests are the center of the shopping experience.
Function Specific Activities:
Candidates must be available to work Saturdays, Sundays and 2-3 weekdays. Any shift during the hours of 8:30 am - 1:00 am
In addition to Retail Ambassador roles and responsibilities, the Retail Ambassador is responsible for supporting the retail team in overseeing the operational functioning of the sales floor, cash wrap, and back of house operations.
- Ability to be trained and crossed utilized at throughout the store to include: beverage bar, sales floor, cash wrap, and back of house.
- Function as a source of knowledge about retail merchandise to include: product knowledge, and inventory levels (in-stock and out of stock).
- Demonstrate features and benefits of merchandise/product in order to educate the guests and to promote sales.
- Proficient use of Point of Sales (POS) devices and machines.
- High degree of accuracy in handling all retail transactions.
- High degree of salesmanship to include: proactively approaching and acknowledging guests, assessing guests' needs to make recommendations, suggestive sell and close sale.
- Participates in organizing and executing the bi-annual inventory and performs scheduled inventory updating/cycle counts.
- Assist with all price changes and ticket merchandise prior to staging on sales floor.
- Assist with merchandise order placement, processing and replenishment.
- Assist and maintain sales floor, cash wrap, and back of house for maximum efficiency.
- Maintain visual standards and follow the plan-o-grams set by the planners, merchandise manager, and visual merchandising lead.
- Develop relationships with customers and coworkers
- Positively and proactively handle customer concerns and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Guest Service: Ensures that the guest remains top priority before, during and after the purchase
- Accuracy: Ability to handle cash and provide change without error.
- Business Etiquette & Professionalism: Communicate effectively with guests, members of management and ambassadors in a professional and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport. This includes the ability to understand, be diplomatic and tactful, demonstrate appropriate behavior in social situations and maintain composure in negative circumstances in order to achieve results.
- Communication: Ability to represent The Company effectively in a public forum through verbal and visual presentations, delivering guest service that enhances the reputation and image of The Company.
- Safety Procedures: Knowledge of and ability to proactively recognize and report safety issues or incidences and maintain a clean, safe work environment (e.g. customer safety, keeping work aisles clear, sanitary health practices, proper placement of tools and machinery, etc.).
- Flexibility: Ability to change or adapt work practices, priorities or to reschedule activities in response to changing conditions or multiple work demands.
- Retail Sales Knowledge: Knowledge of and ability to apply retail selling skills.
- Salesmanship: Demonstrated practice of investigating and satisfying customer needs through a process that is efficient, fair, sincere, mutually beneficial, and aimed at long-term productive relationship.
- Fast Learner: Quickly learn new procedures and processes
- Organization: Strong organizational and follow-through skills
- Ownership: High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
In addition to the above responsibilities, there may be additional responsibilities to fulfill the Retail Ambassador position requirements.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a retail environment
- Experience operating a Point of Sale (POS) device or machine
- Track record of thriving in a team centric environment
- Excellent attendance and punctuality history
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.