Function Specific Activities:
The ASEAN BU Knowledge & Insights Manager is an ASEAN wide role that helps develop Coca-Cola marketing and commercial strategies at a multi-country level using consumer/shopper/customer insights. It entails partnering with local teams to solve big country specific issues as well as looking across markets to develop common approaches to grow the business. Key responsibilities include:
? playing a knowledge management role with the specific purpose of advising key decision makers so that they can make informed risk-assessed decisions.
? leading the identification and prioritization of key consumer/shopper/customer issues and opportunities that drive business growth
? building alignment on resource deployment and investment
? implementing / elevating Coca Cola corporate insights practices as well as contribution to the development of the K&I function locally and regionally.Key Markets to be covered: All key ASEAN markets
Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar, Malaysia, Singapore
1) Reports to the Director, K&I ASEAN
2) Peer relationship to marketing managers, commercial managers and other K&I team members across ASEAN. These are typically experienced personnel with between 10+ years of experience in their domains.
3) Manages direct reports: No
4) Effective business partnering with:
• the Marketing and Commercial team at regional (ASEAN) level
• Key multifunctional stakeholders including regional R&D, Finance, Supply Chain
• Global and local country teams
• External partners (advertising and media agencies, Research & Analytics Vendors etc.)
1. Help develop the medium to long term strategies to achieve business goals for individual markets and the regional business Unit
a) Develop where to play and how to win choices
b) Determine the type and frequency of Innovation and Business support models2. Driving the growth strategy for the BU through unearthing of sharp, distinctive insights about the market, consumers/shoppers and customers and working with internal and external partners to help create and qualify new product/marketing/commercial ideas:
a) Lead market assessment work for different product categories.
b) Lead brainstorming sessions and idea labs in collaboration with internal and external partners
c) Lead development and testing of propositions (including concepts, advertising, products, packaging etc)
d) Creating and Qualifying a pipeline of product and commercial initiatives3. Deliver spend optimization insights:
a) Partner with analytics vendors and regional/global teams to deliver insights from marketing mix modelling work.
b) Work with the multifunctional teams (Marketing, Commercial, Finance etc.) to incorporate key optimization insights into the brand planning process4. Business tracking: Continuously monitor business performance, market trends and suggest interventions as required5. Support other key elements of the global/regional insight & planning agenda including but not limited to:
a) Strategic Vendor Management
b) Helping build capabilities within the Insights & Planning teams in Asia Pacific as well as the broader Marketing organization. Expected split of work between country specific projects and regional/multi-country projects: 40-60
Responsible for strategy and insights in a business with multi-billion-dollar retail sales and well-resourced budgets and teams.
• 10+ years of research experience in a Consumer Goods or a related industry.
• Proficient on technical knowledge and business application of research methodologies
• Strong understanding of marketing and sales principles.
• Broad understanding of ASEAN consumer trends.
• Leadership Skills (envision and set direction on projects and execute with excellence)
• Collaboration and ability to work and deliver in multi-cultural, multifunctional teams
• Continuously builds own and other capabilities
• Self-motivated and Driven
• Graduate Degree (MBA preferred but not a must)
Travel between 30- 40% of the time. Requirement to be fluent in English
Growth opportunities in the role:
• Working with leading edge practitioners in marketing & brand management, commercial/sales and insights/analytics
• Opportunity to work with personnel from diverse nationalities and backgrounds (including personnel with prior experiences from industry majors such as McKinsey, P&G, Unilever, L'Oreal, GSK…)
• A culture of innovation and experimentation
• A global company where career planning spans diverse roles and geographies
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.