Position Overview:The Warehouse Operator is responsible for:
- Ingredient, packaging materials, supplies, and equipment receipt
- Material transfer and warehouse management/maintenance
- Finished product shipment to the North America Consolidated Warehouses
Function Specific Activities:
- Operates forklift to move freight into and out of the warehouse.
- Loads and unloads freight and assists in the control of storage areas for packaging materials, ingredients, and finished product, etc… and may schedule freight movements in cooperation with immediate team leaders and/or production team leaders.
- Assists with other shipping personnel and Plant Quality Assurance to handle, sample and make proper disposition of all excess/rejected ingredients.
- Verifies the accuracy and availability of all documents on incoming shipments. Checks incoming materials for quantity and condition.
- Ensures that correct security procedures are observed in handling of packaging materials, ingredients, finished product, shipments, paperwork and general freight movement into and out of the warehouse.
- Properly prepares shipments, loads vehicles, and prepares necessary documentation for all shipments.
- Assists in inventory control procedures (e.g. cycle counting) for all packaging materials, ingredients, and finished product.
- Interacts with representatives of common carriers and railroads.
- Assists with ingredient sampling.
- Familiarizes themselves with Company and Plant policies concerning traffic procedures, security, reports, etc…, and with applicable Federal and industry regulations concerning freight shipments.
- Performs other duties related to GMP, shipping, receiving, minor maintenance, or other duties as required by the supervisor.
Quality, Occupational Safety & Environmental General Responsibilities
Participates in the definition of individual and team objectives / metrics that contribute to continuous improvement, focusing on the quality, occupational safety and environmental aspects.
General Aspects of the Position:
- Generally works in a closed environment, in office conditions, with normal level of noise and controllable changes of temperature.
- Needs to walk, bend the body, lean, and/or be seated for long periods of time.
- Performs light physical effort with little exposure to adverse conditions.
- Works with a personal computer and programs to prepare documents or reports and present these to others as necessary.
- Applies communication skills to perform work and coordinate with others.
- Utilizes advance skills of reading, writing, speaking, analytical capacity and high level of professional judgment to resolve problems affecting work area.
- When entering the plant, associate can be exposed to fumes, dust, strong odors, and/or high temperatures. In addition must use protective personal equipment.
Education: High School diploma or GED
Experience: 1-year experience
Years of Experience:2-3 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.