Function Specific Activities:
A. JOB SUMMARY: Describe the Purpose of your Job in 2-3 Sentences. (What, how and why do you do it?)
The Region Juice & Tea Manager for VN & Cambodia will be the owner of existing and future Juice & Tea brands in the Region, and as such will act with an entrepreneur spirit to maximize the Juice business. As part of the role, he/she will:
Work with K&I to understand the local consumers and competitors to ensure the growth strategy and plans maximize the TCCC business for Juice Provide key input for the development of the BU Category Growth Strategy and Innovation Pipeline, and support in developing the regional aligned version that incorporates the local nuances in order to maximize growth Work in key ASEAN shared projects from Shared Bets for communication platforms to strategy projects and be an active member of the Category community Lead the Juice / Tea marketing plan & calendar maximizing quality and excellence in execution and working with K&I on the validation process Leverage BU Shared platforms in the activation plan and lead in partnership with the IMC team locally relevant initiatives that talk to local consumers Lead the development of the joint system business case Partner with the commercial team on identifying the right OBBPC to deliver holistic brand propositions Franchise lead the system to ensure excellence in end-to-end with close coordination with K&I, IMC, Commercial, PAC, Technical, Finance, Legal and the Bottlers Lead Category innovation initiatives following Innovation processes and with a focus on excellence in execution
Ensure productive and effective use of System marketing investment, with good understanding of System P&L impact, particularly brand contribution Develop compeling briefs with relevant insight, for the local IMC team to deliver communication/connection plans Steward brand health and brand growth metrics with diligent on going tracking and refinement of plans to ensure growth
Key to this role will be the ability to combine functional expertise with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, a relentless focus on results and a great ability to create cross-functional integration with a very high sense of accountability and flexibility
B. KEY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Briefly describe the primary duties/responsibilities of your job in 5-8 bullet points. Please list these duties in order of importance and include the percentage of time spent or required for each activity.
% of Time
Understanding of local consumers & competitors
Input to Category Growth Strategy & Innovation Pipeline
Lead Marketing Plan, Calendar and DMI management
Work in the development teams of the ASEAN Shared Bets
Lead and Brief local communication plans
Lead implementation of Innovation including development and system alignment behind business cases
Lead excellence in execution through cross-functionally aligned plans
Lead and develop the team (for Top 22 Markets)
C. FINANCIAL/ JOB SCOPE: Identify quantitative factors for your job, such as volume, annual budget, customer contacts (e.g., # of bottlers, customers, etc.), and other major indicators of the scope and complexity of your job.
- Region Volume: 5 Million UC
- Region DME:
D. ORGANIZATION IMPACT/INFLUENCE AND COMMUNICATION COMPLEXITIES: Indicate the nature and level of your contacts within and outside the Company, as well as the nature and purpose of the interaction. Indicate the level, purpose and complexity of the communications inside and outside TCCC. Include any spokesperson responsibilities.
- Strategic and operational interaction with:
- Bottling VPs: Sales, Stills/ Trade Marketing/ Key account and channel leads
- BU Marketing LT
- IMC & Regional Functional Teams
E. ANALYSIS: Describe the types of problems this job must solve to perform successfully. Is the process well defined, or must this job develop new approaches to solve these problems?
- Business issues - Understand local consumers' perceptions, attitudes and behaviours, as well as competitive and external context that influence consumption to build competitive advantage through DMI choices and execution; transform, help develop the business model for execution of Challenger and Explorer Stills brands
- People issues - Influence cross-functional teams and cross-regional teams
- Region challenges - Maximize the focus on end-to-end excellence in execution with close coordination across functions; lead the portfolio transition to beverages for life and partner in the development of commercial transformation to deliver growth with stills categories
F. JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING: Describe the nature and impact of decisions required in this job. Distinguish between recommendations made to someone else and decisions where this job has final authority. Indicate involvement (if any) with ABP and OBP development and execution.
- Provide input in local version of SBP and lead category EBP
- Lead the decision making process for new stills innovation with the bottling system, securing business case alignment
G. INNOVATION: Indicate this job's responsibility for new processes, systems, or products.
- Drive local Tier 1 innovation execution
- Deliver optimized business models for system stills categories
H. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: List the number, if any, and type (full-time, part-time, contract) of your direct reports; indicate the extent of your involvement in supervision including hiring, conducting performance reviews, and terminations as well as team leadership, coordination of work assignments and other indirect supervision. Please attach a copy of your current organization chart, if available.
I. QUALIFICATIONS / COMPENTENCIES / SKILLS: List the functional competencies and skills needed to successfully perform this job, including the number of years and type of previous work experience. Do not describe the skills and qualifications of the incumbent, but rather the minimum skills & qualifications required to perform the job.
Is this position a:
Leader of Self
Leader of Others
Leader of Leaders
Functional Competencies (required expertise on 1-5 scale):
- Builds Brand Value:
- Understands the external environment (competitive & market) and identifies new sources of opportunity: 4/5
- Interrogates data to identify core business levers 4/5
- Balances facts with intuition to distill complex opportunities into compelling business cases 5/5
- Understands the operational fundamentals of our Bottling System 5/5
- Demonstrates proficiency in project management 5/5
- Leverages analytical rigor to prioritize and allocate resources effectively 4/5
- Measures financial and equity impact of investments and institutionalizes learnings 5/5
- Deploys discipline and process to improve impact and speed to market 4/5
- Builds Brand Love
- Anticipates future trends to engage and delight consumers 3/5
- Seeks understanding of fundamental human needs and behaviours 4/5
- Pursues innovation and change with a mindset of continuous improvement 4/5
- Balances intuition and fact to distill complex thought into compelling ideas 3/5
- Demonstrates judgment to define a compelling core creative idea 4/5
- Crafts a vision for what the brand / category / market could be 5/5
- Persuades and inspires others (consumers, agency, system, suppliers, rights holders, etc) to create belief 4/5
Leadership Competencies (prioritized):
- Influences the System, Drives Innovative Business Improvements ,Develops & Inspires Others, Builds Vision and Strategy
Leadership Behaviours (prioritized):
- Act like an Owner, Collaborate with the System, Inspire Others, Drive Innovation, Customer and Key Stakeholders, Develop Self and Others
- 5-10 years of experience in Marketing - including strategic and operational marketing - in FMCG companies
J. EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Indicate the minimum education level required to perform the job.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Marketing or Social Sciences
- MBA preferred
K. CULTURAL DIVERSITY: Please describe any language, ethnic or culture differences you face in your job.
- Bi-lingual: English, ideally any other language of the ASEAN or APAC region
- Previous experience working in multi-cultural environment
- Ideally Asia origin
L. WORKING CONDITIONS: Describe the risk of exposure to hazards in performing your job, and the types of hazards
- Location: Ho Chi Minh City lead office
M. TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Indicate the annual percent of time that your job requires overnight travel or day trips. Please include the nature and geographic scope of your travel requirements
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Please provide any additional information that you did not include in any of the above sections that would aid in ensuring that this job description represents an accurate and complete picture of the job.
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.