Position Overview:It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
- Leads the Category Strategic Advisory team (CSA) for National Retail Sales (NRS) customers for Small Store Channels which include Convenience Retail, Value and Drug
- Employs total channel and beverage category strategic thinking by leveraging unique insights from Syndicated POS Data, Household Panel, iShop and other industry sources.
- Leverages the Shopper Insights team via constant idea sharing to ensure they are being Coca-Cola's best advocate in pursuit of discovering unique opportunities to partner with customers on key strategic projects.
- Plays a pivotal role in influencing customer decision making by building relationships with senior executives in their organization to collaboratively build strategies and tactics designed for future category growth
- Ensures alignment between Coca-Cola's and Retailer strategic priorities.
- Stewards' development & implementation of process for sharing best practices, as well as sharing specific Retailer shopper and category insights with the Coca-Cola NRS organization to drive/shape future corporate strategy.
- Leads the interaction with cross-functional leads to address key business questions and develop volume and revenue growth strategies that allow both companies to meet and exceed plan expectations.
- Ensures that category management tools, data, and shopper insights are effectively leveraged to grow distribution, space, and optimized assortment for all beverage categories including DSD and Warehouse brands.
Strategic Thinking and Strategy Development:
- Develop and drive Coca-Cola strategic processes and plans
- Partner in the development of annual business plan; drive category strategy and opportunities; ensure plan has a relevant category strategy which will win in the market place
- Focus on retailer category development
- Provide leadership & continued stewardship for retailer's beverage categories (Sparkling, Still and Warehouse)
- Recommends space opportunities and risks for the beverage category
- Provides thought leadership & influences retailer's annual business plan
- Partner with Sales Teams in development of retailer account plans and programs to drive Coca-Cola market share
- Lead the annual customer category situation assessment process
- Lead the work of a cross functional team consisting of Category Managers, Category Analysts, Shopper Insights Managers, and Space Strategy
- Collaborate with cross functional departments (Sales, Channel Strategy and Development, RGM etc.) on projects focused on becoming our customers most valued supplier
- Develop solid working relationships with key retailer divisional/category managers to drive NARTD beverages into all aspects of their shopper engagement strategy in-store
- Act as brand champion for Coca-Cola by defining and driving overall brand objectives through the practice of category management techniques, delivering comprehensive category programs internally and across retail partners to drive product and brand initiatives
- Build strong team-oriented relationships with other key internal business units and/or global partners that result in new business and/or cross-category opportunities
People Leadership & Development:
- Recruit and retain a high-performance team, while creating and maintaining growth opportunities within and outside of the broader CSA department
- Ensure best and current customer-oriented thinking is utilized within Customer Advisory COE department.
Education: Minimum Required Bachelor's Degree Preferred: MBA or other graduate degree
- 10+ Years in CPG Industry
- Senior level experience within the consumer goods/beverages industry
- Strong knowledge of category management principles and analytic techniques
- People leadership/management - specifically, experience leading leaders of others
- Customer experience across multiple channels - e.g., Large store, Small store, and Foodservice/On Premise channels
- Demonstrated success in leading geographically dispersed team
- 15+ Years in CPG Industry
- Experience across multiple disciplines beyond category management (Shopper Insights, Revenue Growth Management, etc.)
Proficiency in at least one of the following areas: Category / Space Management, Shopper Insights
- Advanced analytical capability
- Past experience managing a Category Management team
- Specific capabilities with customer specific data sources (84.51, EYC, etc.)
- High level of experience in data providers (Nielsen, IRI)
- High technical skill and aptitude with computer software (MS Office, JDA, etc.)
- Demonstrated reputation for customer engagement with ability to positively drive mutual business results
- Ability to link category leadership strategies to customer strategies
- Analytics experience - ability to draw insights and actions from data
- Planning experience - strategic thinking, forward looking, time cognizant
- Proven track record for delivering sustainable results
- Grows diverse high performing teams through tough-minded talent management and proactively seeks development opportunities for employees
- Drives organizational performance, efficiency, & effectiveness by translating analytics into actions and results
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.