Function Specific Activities:
The primary responsibility of this role will be as follows:
- Perform basic and complex testing of materials at a high level of throughput using the required methodology according to quality guidelines, with limited supervision.
- Work with and collaborate effectively with analysts/scientists.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Operate and assist in the evaluation, calibration and validation of testing instrumentation.
- Develop knowledge in area of expertise.
- Participate in research on and development of new and unproven methods for analysis and identification of ingredients, intermediates and finished products.
- Knowledge and understanding of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Drives continuous improvement (OE) within lab operations to enhance quality and service while reducing costs.
- Ability to perform basic and complex testing of materials at a high level of throughput using the required analytical methodology on a range of matrices.
- Ability to develop subject matter expertise in the Analytical field to support the evaluation of data/information, providing solutions to problems, educated opinions and decisions on ingredients, syrups, beverages, concentrates or other substances to provide support to bottlers and customers.
- Specialty in Materials: ability to integrate advanced techniques and to apply the most appropriate techniques to a broad range of problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Good Laboratory Practices; Laboratory/Analytical Instrumentation, including instrumental theory, operation, maintenance and ability to operate, modify and repair laboratory instruments; LIMS; Quality management systems.
- Ability to communicate technical information both verbally and in written reports that is understandable by technical and non-technical audiences; to produce report of results and recommendations that is clear and concise. Build technical relationships.
- Perform basic and complex testing of materials at a high level of throughput using the required analytical methodology according to quality guidelines.
- Interpret data from routine analyses in order to validate that materials meet specifications.
- Applies standard approach to record and interpret results, may report issues with peer review.
- Participate in various duties to ensure laboratory operation.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation (e.g., troubleshooting, conducting preventative maintenance and calibration).
- Train and instruct analysts/scientists.
- Work to and ensure self and team compliance to quality management system requirements through training, documentations, quality records and audits.
- Perform data audit in order to ensure accuracy of data and analytical processes. This may include database queries, statistical process control or correlation study.
- Engage in daily contact with key laboratory personnel e.g. Laboratory Manager, other team members, understand Laboratory workload, priorities and other pertinent information.
- Communicate with relevant other stakeholders such as R&D, Business Unit (BU), and other Technical Functions, and vendors/suppliers, providing information on testing, results, other facts.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language is required.
Once the successful candidate has received appropriate training, they will be expected to perform at a high level and will:
- Be familiar with required testing within their dedicated area;
- Evaluate information to determine compliance with specifications or standards.
- Interpret results.
- Work with Laboratory Manager to ensure proper use of resources.
- Interpret of databases for specifications, methods , standards & advanced analytics.
- Contributes to summaries and reports.
- Suggests innovative approaches to improve lab workflow, methods or other lab processes to management.
- Problem solving situations general and routine.
- Bachelors Degree in Science preferably Chemistry with a demonstrated aptitude to relate business and technical requirements.
Related work experience:
- 3 years relevant experience in a laboratory in the food, pharmaceutical or chemical industry is
- Experience in analytical testing techniques (uHLPL, LC-MS, GC-MS, ICP, etc) is essential.
- Previous experience in testing for dietary supplements is desireable
- Experience in Beverage technology and flavour chemistry is desireable
- Experience of trouble shooting is desireable.
- Fluent written and spoken English with strong communication skills required.
- Ability to work within a global virtual team with many nationalities and a significant time difference in time zones across the team.
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.