Position Overview:Leads the communication strategy for the CCAR region, with innovation lens. Directs the system (TCCC & Bottler) media investment for all brands. Leads and implements the Company's IMC process. Ensures that the Company receives the best media services available and maximizes the return on its media investment, providing efficiencies by creating productivity.
Function Specific Activities:
Strategic Planning: Leads and manages the process for annual media/communication planning. Directs regular reviews and leverages agency resources appropriately for delivery of the most effective strategies and plans for each brand. Ensures the most effective communication mix.
- Ensures the regional strategies and plans are consistent with Business Unit Marketing and Group deliverables and business objectives
- Leads the proper IMC strategies developed in line with the Company's liquid and linked approach.
- Leads and manages the development and implementation of connection strategies based on brand objectives.
- Interactive marketing: Develops, implements and maintains the interactive marketing strategy and leads the process with interactive marketing and connection agencies. Defines levels of investment required and aligns the budgeted DME with key stakeholders. Localizes and implements Global Interactive Marketing Strategies.
- Social Media: Leads the whole Social Media management operation in line with the Global guidelines and strategies.
- Brand communication: Ensures the alignment with senior management and related bottler organizations of the countries, as well as alignment within Region brand and operational marketing managers' (OMM) team.
- Leads innovations in the Region with best in class projects in line with the brand's objectives.
- Sets the connection strategies in line with Company's 70-20-10 marketing approach. Ensures that owned, earned and shared media is prioritized in the idea creation of IMC campaigns.
Buying/Negotiations: Delivering long-term sustainable competitive advantage at lowest possible costs (annual agreements with channels); benchmarking to measure competitive advantage on an on-going basis; and developing strong relationships with key media suppliers and using company and agency resources to achieve buying objectives.
- Directs the purchase and implementation of strategically aligned media opportunities including strategic development, negotiation and implementation management.
- Sets the annual connection objectives; develops media buying and planning strategies; manages the media negotiation process.
- Manages and tracks media budget in the most effective and efficient way
- Manages the annual media, i-marketing budgets and the budget splits.
- Directs, controls and tracks media investment, media payments.
- Ensures execution as per the plan and within the agreed budget and media parameters
Research & Analysis: Active participation in matters relating to industry standard audience measurement research. Identifying areas where the portfolio can benefit from proprietary research and propose plans and funding to deliver these researches.
- Initiates and impacts on media related research with TCCC Research Team.
- Makes sure that media monitoring and diary panel researches are analysed by the media agency and their results are reflected in the brand media plans.
- Proactively searchs, creates and finds new and better ways to communicate with the consumers, utilizing communication technologies and vehicles in conjunction with Regions.
- Searchs for the events and trends that directly impact and influence consumer behaviour and media habits.
Capability & Training: Using corporate knowledge to counsel brands on key issues and questions. Conducting regular training to ensure brands are familiar with relevant company learnings and guidelines pertaining to media.
- Increases the level of media expertise and capability within the CCAR countries. Provides media training, competitive intelligence and market intelligence to increase the level of media expertise within the Region.
- Leads capability building in the agencies
Stakeholder engagement and collaboration: Defining and enforcing smooth & efficient operation of internal and external processes pertaining to media management.
- Leads the whole IMC process between the agencies and brand teams. Plays a critical role during development and implementation process.
- Sets and leads the infrastructure of social media community management for the Region with the involvement of PAC, Legal and brand managers.
- Leads the Connections Process and Implementation and portfolio of brands communications management
- Supports and impacts on creative development process during IMC's. Involves and supports advertising process (creative briefing and special projects implementation)
- Sets stretch KPIs for brand's connections and i-marketing plans and tracks during and after the campaigns.
- Manages the message management process to ensure alignment on communication plans across the system.
- Contributes to best practice and learning to annual EAG Connections
External Relations: Development of key contacts across the industry to be in a position to influence events to TCCC's advantage
- Builds strategic partnerships with key stakeholders in media industry. Serves as the Company's contact with the media industry, creating a media brand leverage incremental value from this for the Region.
- Establishes business relations with other countries/ divisions marketing community to share knowledge, expertise and drive efficiency.
Agency management & evaluation:
- Advises on appropriate management of agency resources to deliver the objectives in each area of buying, planning, scheduling, reporting and administration
- Manages agency performance and ensure the correct staffing levels at agencies, negotiating fair compensation package for media and creative agencies leading the media agency evaluation process and set the base and track creative agency evaluation process.
- Leads the implementation of the new global agency policies for all type of agencies.
- Directs media agency and manages day-to-day interaction between the Company and the agencies. Ensures timely payment for the media agency in collaboration with OMMs.
- Leads media agency assignments and agreement for connection and creative agencies. Manages to finalize the annual agency agreement, filling up the objectives and then annual evaluation linked to bonus incentives (Media + Digital and Creative agencies)
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.