Position Overview:It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
Position can be located in Boise, ID or Portland, OR
Work with integrated account team to manage key aspects of the business relationship with multiple customers, brokers and bottler, develop, write and implement Annual Business Plans (ABP)which support business objectives for the Simply, Minute Maid, Gold Peak Tea, fairlife value added dairy, Suja, Odwalla, and Zico brands to mention a few. Act as a system-wide expert on strategy, business systems, and operating philosophy of assigned customer(s) in the Pacific Northwest i.e.: Safeway/Albertson's Portland/Seattle/ Denver/Boise, including Supervalu wholesale and all the independent grocers in the Northwest. Ensure flawless execution of programs throughout the system for most of retail banners in the northwest market. Conventional grocery store experience is a must.
Function Related Activities / Key Responsibilities:
- Develops ABP with customer, Broker and system input that outline key strategies and initiatives for Coca-Cola/Minute Maid Warehouse Team. Unit growth within customer's management and the broker system.
- Ensures business plans and marketing activities are developed for each customer in your area of responsibility to deliver Volume, Profit, Net Revenue and customer satisfaction commitments made to all stakeholders during business acquisition and/or stewardship planning.
- Grows level of customer satisfaction, maintains win/win business relationship, and ensures effective communication with all key buying influences, brokers and Minute Maid Team.
- Manages communication with Broker and Bottler system and customer field network like planning templates, rolling estimates, trade balances, Aged Trial Balance (ATB) and strong communication to the brokers and customers to ensure constant application of strategies as outlined in the ABP and flawless execution of programs.
- Aligns system resources to implement marketing and operational programs according to plan, schedule, and budget.
- Acts as a system-wide customer expert to ensure that the Coca-Cola system understands customer(s) objectives, strategies, positioning and needs, and that Company programs are consistent with their needs.
- Responsible for problem solving operational or exceptional issues with customers, brokers or bottlers.
- Responsible for forecasting volume, trade balances, new items and managing to all assigned budgets.
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree in business or related background preferred
Related Work Experience:
Beverage/consumer packaged goods experience is a must selling to Conventional Grocery Stores, Wholesalers and distributors.
Experience in managing/writing price package plans for customers and writing full year promotional plans for all customers for all brand packs along with volume, trade and all financials. Must have experience managing trade funds and writing promotional plans
3 - 5 years of key account experience. Broker Manager Experience and managing people is a huge help and asset
- Complex selling knowledge with proven ability to create & sell-in customer promotional programs & key initiatives
- Knowledge of broker and Minute Maid /Coca-Cola systems and business development promotional planning experience
- Proven ability to manage needs and concerns of multiple stakeholders across various business systems like wholesalers, distributors and major chain and independent accounts, managing brokers and different brand strategies.
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.