Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
The primary role of the Maintenance Mechanic is to provide competent & effective mechanic maintenance support to Plant operations. The ability to perform work safely, meet the needs of Operations, execute the maintenance program & comply w/all safety codes is paramount. The Mechanic must identify, troubleshoot & repair problems in mechanical systems that occur in production equipment & processes. He/she must be able to run tests, isolate problems, remove/replace failed components, determine failure modes by studying worn components & perform other tasks as necessary. He/she also performs preventive maintenance & upgrades to mechanical systems.
Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
- Responsible for installing, repairing, servicing machinery and equipment support systems
- Identifying and trouble-shooting production problems
- Maintaining production lines and performing predictive and preventive maintenance
- Ability to Weld
- Electric knowledge
- Lubrication and Fabrication Knowledge
- Knowledge of Plumbing
- Knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics
- Knowledge of PLC controls
- Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Ability to read diagrams, blueprints and schematics.
- Operate equipment through proper program controls
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Comply with all Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Comply with all Coca-Cola Quality System procedures.
- Record inspection requirements and data on provided forms.
- Forklift operations/inspections.
- Training of new associates.
- Fill in on any lines when needed.
- Ability to understand, record, and communicate system problems and solutions.
- Demonstrate good attendance.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends and holidays.
- Move and lift material weighing 50 pounds to distances of 10 feet or more, floor to waist.
- Ability to hand stack cases of product from floor to overhead weighing up to 35 pounds repetitively up to 8 hours.
- Ability to push and pull force of 80lbs.
- Ability to squat and bend over at the waist.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time in temperature extremes on a daily basis up to 12 hours.
- Any other duties as assigned to ensure the effectiveness, efficiency, and quality of products, processes and work environment.
- High School Diploma required
- Associates Degree (technical degree preferred)
- 2 years' experience in manufacturing maintenance
Years of Experience:2-3 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.