Position Overview:It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
eCommerce is one of the fastest-growing segments of our business and the eCommerce team at Coca-Cola brings together a best-in-class eCommerce sales team and a cross-functional Center of Excellence. You will be part of fast-paced, entrepreneurial team that is relentless in their search for the next digital growth opportunity. As a Senior Manager on the Strategy team, you will play a key role in advancing the eCommerce vision and capabilities of our flagship market. In addition to supporting the development of an enterprise-wide eCommerce strategy, you will advance key strategic projects by acting as the primary project manager on a range of strategic initiatives in partnership with other functions (e.g., Brands, Franchise & Commercial Leadership, National Retail Sales, Foodservice).
- Strategy development
- Identify strategic opportunities, develop business cases, and create action plans to quickly pilot new capabilities and initiatives
- Bring strategies to life by leading enterprise-wide initiatives in partnership with cross-functional leaders
- Serve as industry and system expert for eCommerce, leveraging FMCG and digital trends to identify strategic white space growth opportunities with specific action plans
- Prepare executive and investor-facing materials showcasing strategy and progress against targets
- Insights and analytics
- Build and maintain analytical models in support of eCommerce strategy with proprietary and syndicated insights, internal and customer data, and internal and external growth forecasts
- Be well-versed in eCommerce's evolving landscape and determine key insights from competitive environment, trends, and other operating metrics
- Partner with internal insights and advanced analytics teams to identify new approaches to solving eCommerce business problems
- Bachelor's Degree in business related field required, MBA preferred
- 6-8+ years of experience in strategy or business development in consumer-oriented industries or similar experience in management consulting or professional services
- Strategic Thinking: Able to identify opportunities and gaps and develop both short- and long-term joint business objectives. Exhibits holistic understanding of business fundamentals to create actionable strategies and plans that drive the business.
- eCommerce Acumen: Passion for digital and technology topics and can speak the eCommerce language.
- Influential Leadership: Expert communication, presentation, and material preparation skills with ability to communicate complex information in interactions at all organizational levels.
- Data and Insights to Action: Demonstrated aptitude for analytics, with an ability to understand complex data, convert to insights, understand business implications, and utilize to influence and gain alignment.
- Results-Driven: Experience working in a fast-moving market with a lean team or startup environment. Strong project management capability, including project scoping, brief development, and project team leadership to drive tangible results.
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.