Position Overview:The Minute Maid Brand, launched over 75 years ago, is the nation's #1 juice and juice drink brand. The brand is far-reaching, with products across routes to market and store aisles, allowing Minute Maid to be at arm's reach of desire for consumers.
The Minute Maid Brand Director will be responsible for marketing and general management activities to build the Minute Maid brand. Specifically, the Brand Director will lead the bottler and Food service portfolios of the Minute Maid brand and lead content and communications across the Minute Maid trademark. Candidate should have experience in marketing, general management, leading a team and working collaboratively with cross-functional partners. Candidates should thrive on teamwork and know how to champion a brand and motivate both internal and external partners.
Function Specific Activities:
- Lead brand strategy development to ensure that Minute Maid creates consumer relevancy and drives top-line and bottom-line growth.
- Lead the development, approval, and execution of content (advertising, promotions) and connections (media plan) for the Minute Maid brand.
- Lead brand relationship with the bottling system, collaborating with bottlers and USA Operations business unit to align on priorities, sell-in key brand initiatives and ensure strong in market execution through commercial leadership counterpart.
- Interface with USA Foodservice organization to collaborate with customer teams and commercial leadership partners to sell-in key brand initiatives and support in market execution via consumer programming.
- Develop and communicate written briefs for use by agencies or suppliers (e.g., creative, advertising, packaging, product development, media, consumer promotions, merchandising, licensed or specialty merchandise, etc.) to direct their work activities in order to generate concepts for effective execution of marketing programs and objectives (e.g., drive trail, increase loyalty).
- Review items for approval (e.g., merchandise, packaging, marketing programs, e-commerce, point-of-sale, advertising, etc.) by using brand/legal/creative/quality assurance guidelines in order to enhance the brand image, protect The Company and comply with contractual obligations to third parties (e.g., licensors, rights-holders).
- Apply a general management mindset across all Minute Maid touchpoints in managing:
- Brand messaging, communications and system engagement
- Annual brand planning
- Collaborating with innovation to develop robust pipeline
- Leading brand relationships with bottling system, USA Operations, and Foodservice teams
- Marketing budget, forecasting and brand P&L management
- Creative development, advertising and media planning
- Retail activation (customer marketing) and consumer promotions
- Public relations
- Market research
- Minimum of seven years experience in brand marketing. CPG experience is ideal.
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
- Operational, Commercial and Financial Management skills
- Solid understanding of promotion and media planning
- P&L Management Skills
- Management of Product and Package Innovation Initiatives
- Agency Project Management experience including budget management
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analysis, strategic thinking, creative thinking, team leadership, planning, organizing, problem solving skills.
- Experience with Nielsen
- Passion for understanding consumer behavior and building strong brand positioning strategies
- Innovation experience (demonstrated ability to lead a concept from idea to shelf)
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passion for winning
- Strong leader & people manager
- Strong cross-functional collaborator
- Brand Marketing Strategy: Knowledge of information used to define brand strategic corridors and develop appropriate business solutions
- Brand Marketing Development: Ability to lead the development and execution of brand content and connections plans.
- Marketing Innovation: Ability to identify and develop innovative ideas (e.g., product, packaging, merchandise, activations) in order to create a proprietary advantage for The Company.
- Marketing Research Resources: Knowledge of industry and research resources (e.g., attitude and usage, Nielsen, trend resources) and their application.
- Syndicated Sources: Knowledge of syndicated sources (e.g., AC Nielsen, IRI, CCT+, Home Scan) used in the analysis of trended consumer and volume dynamics.
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.