Position Overview:The Engineering Manager is a key member of the Ballina Leadership Team which develops and implements the strategic direction for the organisation as a world class manufacturing operation in line with the vision of Commercial Products Supply (CPS). The Engineering Manager leads the business support requirements for the Engineering function comprising Facilities Management, Process Engineering, Automation, and the Maintenance function. The Engineering Manager also plays a key role in the Engineering Distributed Work Team (CPS Engineering DWT). The Engineering Manager is responsible for process safety compliance on the site.
The Engineering Manager is a key member of the Ballina Leadership Team which develops and implements the strategic direction for the organisation as a world class manufacturing operation in line with the vision of Commercial Products Supply (CPS). The Engineering Manager leads the business support requirements for the Engineering function comprising Facilities Management, Process Engineering, Automation, and the Maintenance function. The Engineering Manager also plays a key role in the Engineering Distributed Work Team (CPS Engineering DWT). The Engineering Manager is responsible for process safety compliance on the site.
- As a key member of the Ballina Leadership Team, contributes to the overall strategic planning and day to day management of the operation leading to the development of a World Class Manufacturing Operation.
- Lead, develop and coach the Engineering team with overall responsibility for hiring, performance enablement and development of the team.
- Involved in process innovation and design for new processes or equipment to match new products requirements in line with RSC and RCG initiatives and future growth projects.
- Support the Coca-Cola Company Strategic Framework in line with Digitize the System projects
- Works with other multinational companies and vendors on new technologies and automation developments to keep the plant up to date.
- Management of all Capital Project and associated work systems, design review, change control, Project Management.
- Responsibility for the Site Master Plan, a 5year strategic plan for the assets and systems of the largest concentrate plant in CPS.
- Working with the Operations Team on resolving all customer related issues to ensure achievement of leading edge customer satisfaction.
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 10 years' experience in a high tech, large volume, manufacturing environment, typically beverages, pharmaceuticals, food or healthcare.
- 3 years' experience in a senior management position as head of engineering function
- Management of multi-disciplinary technical / engineering teams.
- Major Capital Projects (specification, design, installation, commissioning, cost control, purchasing, contract, planning & scheduling, risk analysis & avoidance).
- Fully familiar with all regulatory and Best Practice with respect to Construction, Design & Management, Atex Regulations, HASWA, Pressure Regulations, Permit Procedures, Building Regulations, HAZOP, COSHHE, COMAH, Electrical Regulations, Seveso etc.
- Process Control and Automation knowledge of PLC, Device Net, Control Net.
- Management of an IT Hardware and Operating system complex environment desirable.
- Management across a multi-functional and global organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including influencing, listening, team work and building value based relationships.
- Excellent planning, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills, with ability to manage and prioritise multiple conflicting demands.
- Degree Qualified in Engineering
- Chartered Professional Status preferable.
As a key member of the Ballina Leadership Team, works with the General Manager (GM) and the Leadership Team to set and achieve the plant's strategic and operational goals. Contacts include the CPS GM and Directors, as well as GM's and Leadership Teams of the other concentrate plants around the world. Significant contact with Corporate senior managers in the IT/Engineering functions, and with Irish/European consultants in the areas of Project Management and Process Engineering.
Ability to work within a multi-cultural organisation and to leverage diversity
- 10% regional travel
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.