Position Overview:The position within the Accounting for Income Tax group will focus on the Company's process to ensure compliance with ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes. Position will prepare the U.S. tax provision for Headquarters locations and the worldwide effective tax rate reconciliation, as well as, provide analysis of the Company's financial results to ensure the accuracy of income tax reporting and to provide input to tax management strategic decision making. Position will also assist with Company's domestic tax compliance and reporting obligations including preparation of Federal form 1120, quarterly estimated payments and IRS audit defense.
Function Specific Activities:
Function Specific Activities:
- Assist in preparation of Federal form 1120, quarterly estimate tax payments and amended returns as necessary for the Company.
- Prepare U.S. GAAP tax provisions for Headquarters locations to ensure compliance with ASC 740.
- Research and analyze technical tax issues to determine the applicability and impact to the Company.
- Prepare documentation of the Company's tax return positions to support tax returns, audits and Fin 48 documentation.
- Leverage technology to continuously improve and automate processes where the need for improvement is identified.
- Prepare and analyze tax accounts to ensure compliance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Company Policy.
Function Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong technical knowledge of Federal and State concepts and their application to large, multinational corporations.
- Experience preparing and filing consolidated form 1120, quarterly estimated tax payments and tax provisions for large corporations.
- Strong computer systems and technology skills, including experience with accounting and tax software. Experience using OneSource Income Tax and Provision software preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify critical tax risk and assist in developing and implementing tax strategies aligned with Company's objectives.
- Ability to identify process improvements and coordinate with the Tax Technology team to facilitate streamlining and automation.
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal.
- Must be a solid team player and demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment across functional areas.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business or relevant related degree required. Master's Degree and Professional Certification preferred.
Professional Experience: 5 to 7 years of federal income tax and/or accounting for income tax experience with large multinational company or Big 4 accounting firm.
Years of Experience:5-7 Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.