Position Overview:Responsible to grow and lead the business of the Minute Maid Sales distributors in North America. Key responsibilities for this role are to build value-based relationships in the distributor network and influence their decision making relative to the availability and sale of The Coca-Cola Company products. Specifically, this position will be responsible for up to 25 call points/ownership groups), including McLane Company, Coremark, Eby Brown, etc. that collectively represent sales $100-$350 Million Net Revenue of Coca-Cola Warehouse (Simply, Minute Maid, fairlife, Odwalla, Suja, Zico) and Foodservice products. This position will be responsible for building the capability of their direct reports (3 distributor managers and business analyst)
Function Specific Activities:
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities
- Develop relationships with HQ & operating company Presidents, CEOs, CFOs, VP Customer Relationships, CMO's, VP Supply Chain of the national/dedicated distributors as well as ownership/leadership of key broadline/regional distributors
- Responsible for the collaboration, development and execution of key partnership initiatives, category programs and brands that fulfill agreed to business plan.
- Advance the capability building of the Distributor Managers in the identification of beverage category growth opportunities and sell-in of CCNA brands to expand availability of Minute Maid Business Unit and Venturing/Emerging Brands Chilled beverages and future innovation.
- Direct Supply Chain strategy development and activation of initiatives for driving efficiencies across CCNA Product Supply..
- Keep abreast of competitive activities within the responsible geography and communicate appropriate activity in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with cross-functional representation to deliver the full depth and breadth of resources that result in mutual benefits/results.
- Lead the stewardship routines with responsible distributors that measures/communicates each partner's activities against mutually agreed to within plan.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience: at least 7-10 years
Related Work Experience:
- Relationship management (suppliers, contractors, bottlers) knowledge of third party supplier/contractor culture/core competencies.
- Supplier performance management: Knowledge of supplier capabilities and performance to enhance and manage relationships.
- Project Management: Ability to lead, prioritize, collaborate and execute complex projects.
- Negotiating: Seek alternatives and recommend best solutions that gain all parties support and lead to win-win results.
Location: Houston - MMBU Sugarland office
DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation)
COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, and OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
EMPOWERED and COURAGE to take unpopular stance
Provides SOLUTIONS vs Problems
PUSH FOR PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION
EXPERIMENTS, ADAPTS, and THRIVEs under PRESSURE
- Advancing selling and negotiation skills
- Strategic planning
- Financial acumen (understanding of P&L)
- Creating customer and company value through distributor capabilities
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.