Position Overview:The Public Affairs and Sustainability manager is responsible for strengthening & executing the current sustainability initiatives of the Coca-Cola Company which includes Women & Well-being projects. The role will involve partnerships with NGOs and with national & local government to positively impact communities and deliver sustainability commitments in the Philippines.
Function Specific Activities:
- Lead, sustain and evaluate programs under the sustainability framework of Coca-Cola and ensure that commitments are met as per agreed targets. This includes initiatives on Women (5by20) & Well-being.
- Proactively engage and maintain relationship between the company and key stakeholders, experts, NGOs & industry partners in areas pertaining to Coca-Cola's sustainability commitments.
- Create, maintain, and strengthen cordial relationship between the company with key government agencies in the national and local level, in relation to sustainability initiatives.
- Lead the overall agenda of these sustainability initiatives in the entire Coca-Cola system through collaboration & synergies with the cross-functional team (Technical, Marketing & Commercial), the bottler (Coca-Cola FEMSA) and the Coca-Cola Foundation.
- The position requires excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills both inside and outside of the Coca-Cola system since the core responsibilities are very much about conveying company positions and establishing partnership. This includes dialogues with industry, NGO and government partners as well as effective communication internally to influence the BU & Global team
QUALIFICATIONS / COMPENTENCIES / SKILLS:
- Creative problem solver
- Experienced in project leadership & budget management.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Good understanding of Philippine's politics and bureaucracy as well as the related institutions/organizations.
- Stakeholder influencing
- Strong collaborator
- Inspires Others
RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8-10 years of experience working in corporate affairs and sustainability related areas
- University/Bachelor degree
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.