Position Overview:Drive and support the implementation of product, packaging projects; identify & implement product, packaging solutions that assure continuity & quality of supply as a competitive advantage of our system.
Function Specific Activities:
1. Product, package development & exploitation
- Work with Marketing at early stage of ideation and product/package development to provide input and stimuli of innovations and make the first technical feasibility study of the opportunities.
- Practive work with external partners and transfer knowledge in our system
- Review prototypes and define appropriate improvements to ensure brand fit. Align with Bottling partners on implementation and establish the necessary investment where needed.
- Co-ordinate and lead technical projects that require cross-system and cross-functional co-operation to deliver innovations in products, packaging, promotions and cold drinks initiatives.
- Proactively identify and implement product and packaging improvement opportunities with suppliers and the SC that will support the delivery of the business plan and / or customer benefits.
2. Effectiveness & efficiency:
- Prepare an effective supply chain activation plan for new products & packages that assesses the risks and ensures that production and distribution have the capability to deliver.
- Lead the review of new product market performance and put in place a plan to address any technical product issues and deliver business requirements.
3. Functional excellence:
- Develop and maintain the SC project management methodology and implement it as standard best practice so that all projects deliver optimum standards.
- Support the development of project management skills within the team & organisation and facilitate the sharing of best practice.
4. Customer management & service standards
- Ensure timely delivery of the innovations in the market
- Ensure a secure and sustainable supply chain at competitive cost
6. Play the role of coach in order to help & educate other C & SC Managers & stakeholders
- Local and WEBU Marketing / Management teams - To generate and assess new ideas, influence on realistic solutions and timings
- Supply Chain - Management of beverage base delivery for product introductions
- Supply Chain/Engineering- frasibility study, assess prototypes, fillig process and implement the packaging solution
- Bottler management- influence and improve capabilities to fill new products &packges
- Finance - Input to value chain development
- KO R&D and D&D - Manage the relationship, develop briefs, obtain, assess products & packaging prototypes
- Technical Functions at Suppliers
- Research agencies
- Bring in, influence ideas from concept to a commercial viable reality
- Project management of complex projects with many stakeholders
- Introduce products, packages that are new to market, new to system or even new to world
- Build efficient and sustainable supply chain
- Coach and educate stakeholders
Judgement and Decision Making:
- Manage one or more projects from start to finish, identify risks, follow-up with stakeholders be accountable for on time and qualitative results.
- Be responsible for delivering the product, pack and equipment- deliver on time, within budget and fit to use without quality issues.
- Working closely with R&D, Marketing, Commercial, Finance and Operations.
- Working under pressure
- Great networker
- Sollution oriented
- High level of communication skills
- Process focussed
- Structured project management process competency
- New product and packaging development knowledge (able to train newcomers)
- Risk management (able to train newcomers)
- Post Launch Review (able to take learnings into actions)
- Financial awareness (able to assess business cases)
Related Experience Requirements/Qualifications:
- Applied experience (3-4 years) working in new product, new packaging department of an FMCG company
- Experience from concept to launch using a defined NPD (or change management) process.
- Extensive project management experience
- University degree, Technology or Science based or similar
- International cross-country project management experience
- Supply Chain Understanding/knowledge
- Continuous Improvement/Operational Excellence knowledge
University degree Im Chemisty. Foord Science or Engineering, Packaging Engineering
English is a must as is the local bottler business language)
Other languages within Western Europe are a plus (French, German, Spanish, Dutch etc.)
Depending on location between 20% - 30%
Years of Experience:3-5 Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.