Position Overview:THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN LAREDO TX
The Logistics & Customer Service Lead is a key player in the VEB system for overall logistics planning, which includes collaborating with domestic and international production facilities, warehouses and transportation suppliers. This role works with the Topo Chico leadership team to develop practices and procedures to drive operational effectiveness at our warehouse(s) with primary operations located in Laredo, TX.
Function Specific Activities:
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN LAREDO TX
Function Specific Activities:
- Ensuring key drivers of service to create solutions to decrease costs, increase quality and deliver additional improvements to our P&L.
- Solve issues that arise during order execution to eliminate barriers.
- Manage quality, cost and speed commitment to ensure successful order fulfillment metrics
- Construct and implement new scorecard metrics and performance standards for warehouse and transportation operations.
- Communicate inventory status and identify potential risks to fulfill customer sales orders.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers in the development of solutions to improve metrics (customer service, distribution, etc)
- Implement process improvement initiatives (e.g., supplier or customer business processes and practices) to benefit the Topo Chico system and suppliers or customers
- Accountable for supply chain metrics (i.e. forecast variance, fulfillment rates, total spending, cost savings, etc) using data collection and survey reporting methods to monitor performance.
- Organize and coordinate logistics activities and resources on a regular basis to meet deadlines and maintain high levels of customer service.
- Manage customer service metrics to assure metrics are maintained.
- Maintain data in QuickBooks to ensure transactions are always reconciled between QuickBooks and third party warehouse locations
- Seek out new learning/development opportunities to enhance job performance and skills.
- Develop a culture of proactive communication to customers (internal and externals)
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle inquiries and complaints
- Identify ways to reduce costs.
- Bachelor's Degree
Related Work Experience:
- At least 5 years
- Bilingual speaking proficiency, English/Spanish
Traveling requirements: 10%
Function Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Distribution: Knowledge of distributor/distribution policies and procedures. Ability to understand costs/benefits of distributors and common carriers, third party capabilities, and distribution structures to support customer order processes, and product availability
Warehousing: Ability to resolve day to day barriers for performance improvement. Manage 3PL suppliers, implement metrics to track performance. Experience using warehouse management systems is a plus.
- Inventory Management: Optimize inventory levels using statistical models to design min/max/reorder levels. Knowledge of asset management procedures, policies and information used to optimize inventory levels and/or fill rates (e.g., balance inventory levels against inventory carrying costs).
- Effective Communication. Ability to communicate efficiently and proactively (verbal and written, both languages) with internal and external customers.
- Supply Chain: Knowledge of elements that make up the supply chain and the interrelationship between these elements.
- Process Improvement: Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvement. Ability to analyze business processes and develop systems based solutions that will improve current state
- Process Management: Knowledge of process definitions, flow-charting and process management techniques.
- Team Leader: Experience managing an operations team. Ability to develop and support self and other´s career development plans.
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.