Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
Responsible for efficient operation, trouble-shooting and preventative maintenance of production equipment including but not limited to Fillers, Labelers and Blow Mold equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures.
Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
- Understand the production “Sequence of Operation”.
- Perform all CIP duties including chemical testing and documentations assigned.
- Proficiency in understanding, monitoring and acknowledging machine malfunction alarms and ability to efficiently and effectively manage solutions.
- Ability to access machine reports, alarm log, and system monitoring pages from the operator console(s).
- Analyze test results, machine error messages, and information in order to diagnose equipment problems and correctly adjust the machine to resolve operational issues
- Monitors machine performance and quickly identify incorrect machine performance and implement first-level troubleshooting to implement corrective measures.
- Performs operator-based preventive maintenance on mechanical systems to include disassembly, cleaning, and reassembly.
- Assist maintenance technicians in the completion of corrective and preventive maintenance.
- Maintain accurate records and logs as required.
- Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) in the execution of the work schedule. Ensures the area is maintained in a clean, safe, and orderly fashion.
- Work directly with cross-departmental personnel and management to problem-solve to ensure maximum production efficiencies.
- Comply with all standard safety practices, safety rules, and all Company rules and policies.
- Maintain proper safety conditions of equipment including immediately correcting or reporting safety issues to your supervisor.
- Perform quality checks and accurate quality documentation as required.
- Read, understand and comply with standard operating procedures and Safety Data Sheets.
- Able to participate in team assignments.
- Able to identify deficiencies within area of responsibility and take or recommend appropriate corrective actions.
- Able to set up and changeover equipment independently in an efficient and effective manner.
- Cleans, lubricates, and adjusts parts, equipment, and machinery.
- Able to explain and demonstrate job tasks to all internal and external visitors.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- 1 - 2 years' experience in manufacturing required
- Working knowledge of production environment and machinery.
- Must be certified on the training plan for this position within 60 working days of start date, to include certification on multiple pieces of production equipment including but not limited to filler, labeler, case packer, de-palletizer and palletizer.
- Read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Meet all basic plant employment criteria, to include a good attendance record.
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds
- Standing and walking for continuous periods, including 8-hour, 10-hour or 12-hour shift or required necessary hours.
- Ability to bend, lift and/or twist.
- Ability to work on multiple levels, such as catwalks, ladders, etc. and ability to work in extreme temperatures
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Ability to grip, grasp, and squeeze materials, parts, hand tools, and products.
- Ability to hear machine operations sounds to detect defective parts, machine failures, and changes in speed and other routine running conditions.
- Ability to trouble-shoot production-related problems.
- Must have strong problem solving skills and the ability to work efficiently under stressful situations
- Ability to work 8-hour, 10-hour or 12-hour shift or required necessary hours to meet the business requirements. This may include overtime and weekend work as necessary
- Must be able to use a computer and associated software programs
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of Quality, Service and Cost objectives.
- Ability to read equipment operations manuals.
- Ability to visually identify and recognize material, part, and product defects.
- Ability to participate in job development training (i.e. trouble-shooting, etc.)
- Ability to work in a team environment.
JOB LOCATION AND WORK CONDITIONS:
- Work is performed in high-speed bottling, manufacturing, and warehouse environment. Work requires exposure to all temperature changes, high noise levels, working around moving equipment, tanks, heights, wet conditions, fumes, vibrations, dust, etc. Working hours must be flexible with the ability to work all shifts and extended hours as required.
- Personal protective equipment to include but not limited to steel-toed footwear, safety glasses, hearing protection and uniform requirements. Hoist, hand cart, hand tools, measuring instruments, equipment operations manuals. Cleaning equipment and chemicals.
- Train new associates
- Participate on Continuous Improvement Team
- Travel to vendor and other Company locations
- Delivering presentations
- Operate general office equipment, i.e., fax, copier, and supplies
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.