Position Overview:This position includes responsibilities such as contributing to the accuracy of the processes related to Accounts Payables and Payments, by executing tasks and processes in accordance to predetermined and clearly defined steps along with the accomplishment of key performance indicators. Some of the key tasks of this position entails to post Accounts Payable documents, analyse and define the taxes for each location complying with the local tax law, and ensuring the adherence to the Internal Controls according to Sarbanes and Oxley Risk key Controls and The Coca-Cola Policies.
Function Specific Activities:
- Post Accounts Payable documents in SAP in a timely and accurate manner
- Take Basic Accounting decisions
- Prepare payment proposals
- Participate in activities related to Operational Excellence
- Comply with Internal control activities for Accounts Payables process and payments ensuring all internal control requirements are being accomplished for each payable's transaction.
- Participate in User Acceptance Tests activities of FI-Accounts Payables and payments.
- Maintain an effective communication with associates from other units and with external customers to coordinate and execute functions related to Accounts Payable area.
- Be the escalation point (Tier 2) from customer service, and be able to investigate and solve issues resulting from those escalations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare and communicate indicators and have an active participation in Performance Management Meetings.
- Self-motivated to identify ways to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
- Adhere to those principles reflected in the Code of Business Conduct
What you can expect
You will need to interact with various Latin American countries so you will experience cultural diversity in a daily basis.
What you need to be successful
· Education: Currently studying or in process of obtaining an Accountant / Administration bachelor's degree from a university or equivalent.
· Related Work Experience: At least 1-2 years
o Fluent in Spanish
o Advance Level in English (writing and speaking)
o Portuguese (nonexclusive)
· Determining Financial Impact: Understanding the financial consequences of decisions; understanding economic value for the system; acting as an owner of the business and making decisions that ensure long-term value.
· Understanding and knowledge of accounts payable and procurement process including automated 3-way match process.
· Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks.
· Contributing to Team Success: Actively participating as a committed member of a team and working with other team members to help complete goals and deliverables.
· Knowledge of each country´s statutory information required for invoices.
· Adaptability/Flexibility: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, or requirements.
· Problem Solving: Be able to proactively search for solutions upon challenges that may arise on the daily activities or be able to request help to find a proper resolution.
· Information Systems Knowledge: Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP used in Finance; MS Office, Sharepoint and Salesforce.
· Operational Excellence and Process Improvement Methodologies (ie. Six Sigma or similar)
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.