Position Overview:JOB OBJECTIVE:
To perform assigned syrup, ingredient, and concentrate sampling and analysis to assure that ingredients, concentrates, and finished products meet all Company specifications.
Function Specific Activities:
WHY MY JOB IS IMPORTANT:
Cost per gallon
Quality System Failures
Sample production syrups, concentrates, HFCS, ingredients
Perform brix and density test
Perform process verification tests
Perform test for phosphoric and citric acid
Set-up and participate in taste tests
Use computer program to correct out-of-spec batches
Enter analytical data in SAP and Infinity QS
Complete checklist for concentrate manufacturing
Perform daily/weekly water tests
Complete lab portion of batch tickets
Monitor process performance & record data
Comply with Safety Policies & Procedures
Assure compliance with Food Safety/Security practices and procedures
Comply with Work Instructions, Procedures, Programs
Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices
Operate and perform daily forklift inspection
Fill out maintenance work orders
Fill in on other lab duties as needed, vacation relief
Ability to read and comprehend instructions and procedures. Visual ability to monitor and detect equipment problems with lab analytical equipment. Ability to move at least 65 lbs a distance of 5ft. Ability to stand and perform repetitive motions for extended periods (2 hours). Ability to manipulate small objects.
JOB LOCATION AND WORK CONDITIONS:
All Coca-Cola USA Syrup branches. Work is performed in an air conditioned Lab environment with some tasks requiring frequent trips into plant processing areas. Many of these areas are not air conditioned. Work is of non-repetitive nature and requires exposure to moderate noise levels, confined spaces, heights, wetness, fumes; and exposure to toxic/hazardous chemicals. Work is performed on shifts adjusted to meet production requirements.
Computers; laboratory analytical equipment, forklift; and small hand tools
REQUIRED SAFETY EQUIPMENT:
Safety shoes; gloves; safety glasses; masks; ear protection & hairnets where applicable
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.