Function Specific Activities:
Supports quality engineers in semi-standard processes to ensure compliance with standards; works with QA engineers and manufacturing staff to ensure inspection and testing procedures are implemented and maintained; assists in the development of standards to meet quality specifications and recommends changes to basic procedures. Individual contributor that works under limited supervision; applies subject matter knowledge; requires capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Shift Flexibility Required
- Set-up batching equipment & stage ingredients.
- Batch product to support production and perform all documentation associated with batching.
- Perform quality testing of the blended product.
- Perform ingredient movements in the SAP system.
- Perform product flavor change-overs as required.
- Perform CIP on all equipment associated with batching and perform all documentation associated with CIP procedures.
- Keep accurate QA reports and ingredient usage reports daily.
- Inspect incoming ingredients as needed.
- Perform quarterly GMP inspections and follow up on deficiencies for correction.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with all other departments to facilitate a team environment.
- Work directly with maintenance personnel, production personnel, and management in problem-solving to ensure maximum production efficiencies and high quality products.
- Maintain Q.A. equipment and area cleanliness to ensure compliance with all GMP standards.
- Comply with all standard safety practices, safety rules, and all Company rules and policies.
- Work an 8-hour, 10-hour or 12-hour shift and or required necessary hours to meet the business requirements.
- Demonstrate good attendance in accordance with plant attendance guidelines.
- Use equipment/instrumentation operations manuals as required.
- Read, write, as well as understand and comply with MSDS sheets.
- Keep work area clean at all times.
- Able to identify deficiencies within area of responsibility and implement or recommend appropriate corrective actions.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Train new associates.
- Deliver presentations.
- Operate FAX machine and copier machine.
- Order supplies and chemicals.
- Management retains the discretion to add to or to change the description at any time.
- Working knowledge of quality assurance testing procedures.
- Must be able to understand and follow directions.
- Must be able to obtain a forklift license.
- Ability to read equipment/instrumentation operations manuals.
- Ability to recognize material and product defects.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Manual and finger dexterity.
- Ability to work on all shifts.
- Ability to work up to 12 hour shifts to satisfy business needs.
- Ability to work extended hours and/or overtime as required.
- Ability to hear machine operation sounds to detect mechanical problems, changes in speed and other routine running conditions.
- Work is performed in a quality assurance laboratory of a high-speed bottling and chilled juice production environment.
- Work requires exposure to all temperature changes, high noise levels, working around moving equipment, tanks, heights, wet conditions, fumes, vibrations, dust, etc.
- Personal protective equipment.
- MSDS sheets.
- Measuring instruments, equipment/instrumentation operations manuals.
- Computer and associated software.
- Safety glasses, hearing protection.
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.