Position Overview:A career at Coca-Cola South Pacific is truly a one-of-a-kind experience. It's more than a job working for a drinks company, it's an opportunity to build a career with an iconic global company. that has ambitious plans for portfolio expansion, while playing a key role in driving change in the areas of sustainability, wellness and the community.
As a global icon and custodian of one of the world's most valuable brands, our boundless opportunities attract the very best experienced professionals. Now more than ever is the time to become part of Coca-Cola South Pacific.
We are looking for a Group Marketing Manager Coke TM to drive profitable growth for The Coca-Cola Company and our bottling partner in accordance with both long range plan and annual plan. Responsible for developing brand portfolio participation strategies, annual brand strategies and plans for Australia and New Zealand markets and creation of innovation, communication and production initiative toolkits for these markets. People leadership of a world class Business Unit marketing team.
Function Specific Activities:
1.)Lead Development of Coca-Cola TM Annual Business Planning (1 and 3 year) to Achieve Volume, Revenue Share and Profit Results:
- Design growth strategies for Coke TM portfolio for both Australia and New Zealand driving brand love (BLS), category acceptable (CATA) and contribute to building Corporate Trust (CORA)
- Contribute to OBPPC and RGM strategies with a deep understanding of consumer preferences
2.)Provide Strategic Leadership on the Integrated Marketing Communications Process and across Brand Tactics and Implementation
3.)Understand Drivers of Consumer behaviour:
- Partner with Insights & to pursue knowledge about consumers & their needs, attitudes & behaviours that influence purchase and consumption of our brands
- Incorporate insights into business plans and marketing tactic development
- Share insights with key System Stakeholders
- Implement processes that measure and/or ensure the delivery of the following; Volume, revenue and profit targets, DME allocation, Resource allocation and Project Management across the system
- Execute programs that deliver to identified growth strategies for Coke TM Aust and NZ
- Lead and coach teams to ensure that business and marketing processes are adhered to and leveraged
- Manage DME allocation across brand priorities
Create a World Class Marketing team
- Build an environment that supports collaboration with the total TCCC global mktg team and striving to deliver world class results
- Build retention and bench strength with the team and improve reward and recognition practices
- Ensure that performance management, development and career plans are in place
- Ensure an optimal structure and sufficient resource is in place to meet work requirements
- Lead projects through applying disciplined project management skills
- Ensure System Buy-in and Alignment on all programs.
- Drive an integrated approach to channel communications
- Lead the team through complex problem solving
- Management of external parties, including key partnerships across agencies, sponsorship etc.
- Develop world class events and media content strategies
- Ensure that all activities have system agreed measurements and post evaluation takes place
- Track impact of plans (on consumer behaviour & volume) - consequent strategy and plan evolution:
- Development of volume rectification plans (jointly with Franchise): Co-ordinate team analysis, Volume Performance Tracking & Rectification Recommendation
- Understand drivers of consumer behaviour - adaptation of plans to incorporate these drivers & track impact of plans (on consumer behaviour & volume) - consequent strategy and plan evolution
- Ensure alignment across the system at both a business plan level and an operational day to day level
- Work through key blockages with Bottler operational management to achieve the best outcome for the system
- Understand key customer requirements to ensure engagement through to POP
People Management Responsibilities
- 2 Marketing Managers, 3 Brand managers. Dotted line to AU and NZ based Marketing Operations teams working on Coke TM
Key Partnerships within this role:
TCCC: MLG, Global Brand Teams
Coca-Cola South Pacific (Australia and NZ) Customer and Commercial team, Strategic Planning and Insights, Technical, Legal, Corporate Affairs
CCA: Category and Customer teams (CCA), New Product Development Team
Research Partners, Customers, Advertising and Promotions Agency
Qualifications & Experience required:
- Degree Qualified. Preferably Business/Commerce with Marketing Major.
- 10+ years General Marketing / Sales Experience. Proven track record of relevant experience in Consumer Marketing or Closely Related Field - experience would include consumer opportunity identification & communication development
- Attributes: High Energy, High Integrity & Commitment, Self Directed Learner, Resilience, Sense of Fun, Great Interpersonal Skills, High achievement orientation, Innovative approach and ability to translate exceptional plans into action
Years of Experience:10+ Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.